Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 46 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

23.08.2019 09:00
sail behind him from Washington starter A.J. Cole Antworten

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen walked through the locker room after the Bulldogs beat Massachusetts and noticed that his players didnt know whether to celebrate.Guys arent sure, he said after the Bulldogs rebounded from a mediocre first half -- again -- to win 47-35 on Saturday.Thats how young a team we are: `Are we supposed to smile? We won a game but I made a mistake, Mullen said, imitating his players confusion. Yeah, we won a game. Enjoy it.The Bulldogs (2-2) have struggled all season with inconsistency, and it was never more frustrating than when they spotted then-No. 20 LSU a 20-point lead last week, rallying to lose 23-20. Against UMass, Mississippi State trailed 14-6 with less than two minutes remaining in the first half before finding a rhythm.Nick Fitzgerald led the Bulldogs 65 yards in 80 seconds, hitting Fred Ross for a 9-yard touchdown to make it a one-point game at the half. In the third quarter, the two connected for a 46-yard touchdown before UMass scored to retake the lead.Then the Bulldogs scored two touchdowns just 17 seconds apart, on Aeris Williams 16-yard run and then another on the next play from scrimmage when Jamoral Graham returned an interception 38 yards for a score.Everybody was hyped and they wouldnt even let me sit down, Graham said. And I was tired.Four minutes later, Fitzgerald hit Farrod Green from 13 yards out to make it 41-21 just before the end of the third quarter.Fitzgerald completed 25 of 38 passes for 299 yards and three touchdowns, and he also ran for 110 yards. Fred Ross caught eight passes for 126 yards and two TDs for Mississippi State, which once again struggled to play well for two halves in a row.Its hard to get a win, Williams said. But we were way superior to them.Andrew Ford, making his second start for the injured Ross Comis, completed 24 of 40 passes for 273 yards and four touchdowns for UMass (1-3). But he also overthrew his receiver on the first play after Mississippi States go-ahead touchdown, and Graham was there to make it 34-21.UMass failed to move on its next possession and punted it back to the Bulldogs, who took over on their own 39-yard line. Fitzgerald went 3 for 3 on the drive and also added a 15-yard run as Mississippi State converted its third touchdown in 4 minutes, 11 seconds.I had a good time coaching the game, UMass coach Mark Whipple said. Our guys battled. Im proud of them. There was a lot more good than bad.HALFSIESIn addition to the LSU loss, the Bulldogs also led South Alabama 17-0 at halftime in their opener but lost 21-20. Against South Carolina, Mississippi State led 24-0 at halftime before holding on for a 27-14 win.We play a good half here and a good half there, Fitzgerald said. Weve just got to string two good halves together and get rid of the terrible ones.SCORINGMarquis Young ran for 125 yards, including an 83-yard touchdown in the first quarter that gave UMass a 7-3 lead. Jalen Williams caught two touchdown passes, and Bernard Davis and Sadiq Palmer each had one for the Minutemen.THE TAKEAWAY:MISSISSIPPI STATE: The Bulldogs needed this game to replace Tulane on the schedule. UMass agreed as long as MSU came to New England first. The Minutemen will visit Starkville next year and again in 2020.UMASS: You cant say UMass, one of just four FBS independents, is afraid to schedule tough opponents. The Minutemen have now played two SEC teams and one from the Atlantic Coast Conference, along with Florida International.UP NEXTMISSISSIPPI STATE: A week off before hosting Auburn.UMASS: Tulane on the UMass campus in Amherst. Luc Robitaille Jersey . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner. Jonathan Quick Jersey . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. http://www.kingsauthentic.com/authentic-tiger-williams-kings-jersey/ . Walcott is available for Saturdays home match against Southampton as Arsenal looks to extend its two-point lead at the top of the Premier League. The Gunners are currently the second highest scorers in the league but Wenger insists Walcott will add something extra to his team. Drew Doughty Kings Jersey .J. -- Marty Brodeur beat the Pittsburgh Penguins yet again. Paul LaDue Kings Jersey . -- Ken Appleby made 32 saves for his first shutout of the season to lead the Oshawa Generals to a 2-0 win over the Belleville Bulls on Wednesday in Ontario Hockey League action. PITTSBURGH -- A season thats spiraled away from the Pittsburgh Pirates spilled into frustration Sunday.On the edge of elimination from the playoff race with a 10-7 loss to Washington, the Pirates got into a bench-clearing skirmish after Nationals star Bryce Harper injured his left thumb trying to avoid a fake tag by third baseman Jung Ho Kang.The Pirates are five games behind in the NL wild-card race with a week left.When Kang came up for the first time after Harper was hurt in the third inning, he saw a fastball sail behind him from Washington starter A.J. Cole.Thats when the fracas began.I was just calmly sitting there watching some people come out of their dugout like, as if they were in the right, Im just trying to understand how, said Pirates left fielder Sean Rodriguez, who was ejected during the fray.How could you defend throwing the ball behind someones head for whatever reason? I guess thats what got me going a little bit, he said.Cole also was tossed.I was very surprised I was the only one ejected considering, Rodriguez said. I got blamed for being the one that instigated, but you can watch the film yourself.Harpers thumb was sore and the reigning NL MVP will have X-rays Monday.Harper led off the third inning with a triple for the NL East champions. As Harper neared third, Kang acted as if a throw was coming and faked a tag.Harper went down, was checked by a trainer and stayed in. He scored on Anthony Rendonns double and was replaced in the field in the bottom half by Chris Heisey.dddddddddddd.Jayson Werth, who was in the middle of the ruckus, had a pinch-hit, two-run homer and Heisey had a go-ahead single during a five-run burst in the eighth. The Nationals rally came against former teammate Felipe Rivero (1-5).Rivero had allowed just four earned runs in his previous 25 innings since being traded from Washington to the Pirates.Kang hit a two-run homer off Koda Glover to give the Pirates the lead in the seventh.Shawn Kelley (3-2) wound up with the win. Former Pirates closer Mark Melancon pitched a scoreless ninth for his 43rd save.TRAINERS ROOMPirates: C Francisco Cervelli did not play after taking a foul ball off his wrist Saturday. ... RHP Neftali Feliz (arm) threw off flat ground but is not yet ready for a return to the mound.UP NEXTNationals: Tanner Roark (15-9 2.70 ERA) had his start pushed back one day after the Nationals clinched the NL East on Saturday night. Hell looking for his career-best 16th win as Washington hosts Arizona for a four-game series.Pirates: Chad Kuhl (5-3, 3.73 ERA) will start as Pittsburgh begins a four-game series against the NL Central champion Chicago Cubs. Kuhl has allowed seven earned runs in 7 1/3 innings in his two previous starts against Chicago this season. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz