Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 54 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

23.08.2019 09:00
ng the pool deck, Lochte hobbled down a set of s Antworten

TAMPA, Fla -- The Oakland Raiders have been the NFLs best road team this season, already with four road wins on the way to a 5-2 record, and they are spending a full week on the road with consecutive games in Florida.Jack Del Rios team gave him a win Sunday in Jacksonville against his old team, and the Raiders are training at IMG Academy in Bradenton this week to prepare Sundays game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.Weve got a process and theyve adhered to the process, Del Rio said of his teams success away from home. Theyve embraced it and really focused on just playing good football regardless of the circumstances, regardless of the weather, regardless of the time of day -- just to get excited to get out and play good football whenever they put the ball down for us and we tee it up and kick off.IMGs facility is so impressive that Jim Harbaugh brought Michigan down for a week of practice this spring and Del Rios goal has been to make a week spent on the opposite side of the country feel like a typical game week for his players.Were just focusing on trying to keep it as normal as possible for the guys, for the coaches, for the players, he said. We have a tremendous support staff that is providing everything we need, so that we can go about just a typical game week of preparation. So, all of our focus is there. Our workouts, our meetings, the structure, what we eat, everything is basically kind of staying within the normal flow of a game week.The week also allows Del Rio to spend Saturday afternoon back in Jacksonville, where he can watch his son Luke play as the University of Floridas starting quarterback against Georgia in their annual rivalry game.Sunday will be a reunion of sorts, as Buccaneers coach Dirk Koetter and defensive coordinator Mike Smith were coordinators together on Del Rios Jaguars staff in 2007, part of a team that won 11 games and a playoff game as well.I learned a ton from Jack, Koetter said Wednesday. Both Jack and Mike Smith came out of the Brian Billick tree when they won the Super Bowl up in Baltimore and just organization. I was a pretty organized guy when I was a college coach, but NFL-style, I learned a lot about that from Jack. I was fortunate to come out of college and get with a guy like that.There are other reunions to watch as well -- Raiders receiver Amari Cooper played once against Bucs rookie cornerback Vernon Hargreaves in college, and had 10 catches for 201 yards and three touchdowns in an easy 42-21 victory for the Alabama Crimson Tide.Hargreaves has played well in his first six games, with no touchdowns allowed and no accepted penalties against him. He and Pro Bowl veteran Brent Grimes will be tasked not only with stopping Cooper but also Michael Crabtree, whose six touchdowns tie him for the NFL lead, with the Bucs Mike Evans.The Bucs, in turn, will try to exploit a Raiders defense that ranks last in the NFL in total defense and passing defense, and has given up a league-high nine pass plays of 40 yards or more. Evans is on pace to break the Tampa Bays single-season records for catches, receiving yards and touchdown receptions.While the Raiders are seeking their fifth road win, the Bucs are still seeking their first home win, having spent four of their first six on the road, with home losses to the Broncos and Rams. Koetter has lobbied for fans to limit the number of Raiders jerseys in the lower bowl, trying to get back a home-field advantage in a stadium where the Bucs have lost 15 of their last 18 games.Weve got to learn how to win some games at home, Koetter said. We need to. Lets keep those Raiders jerseys out of the lower bowl. Lets get some Bucs jerseys in there. Lets rock that place next week. I think weve got three in a row at home. Weve got to do our part. Weve got to learn how to win at home. Wes Martin Redskins Jersey . "No difference at all," chirped U.S. roommate and linemate James van Riemsdyk. "Its still the same cranky Phil. Sonny Jurgensen Redskins Jersey .R. Smith realized how easily basketball can be taken from him, and he wasnt going to take his place in the NBA for granted anymore. http://www.redskinsfansproshop.com/Redskins+Wes+Martin+Rush+Jersey.html?cat=1373 . Luis Suarezs double powered Liverpool to a 4-0 victory over Fulham, and Southampton easily overcame Hull 4-1 to continue the south coast clubs impressive start to the season. Liverpool and Southampton sent Chelsea down to fourth place as the west London club was held to 2-2 at home. Clinton Portis Jersey . "Hes going to have hip surgery on Jan. 7, and hell be expected to rehabilitate for four to six months beyond that," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Friday in an interview. Charley Taylor Jersey .com) - The Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks both take aim at their first wins of the season on Saturday, as the Canucks open their home slate at Rogers Arena. OMAHA, Neb. -- Ryan Lochte shifted his weight back and forth. He lifted one foot, then the other, shaking each over the waters edge as if to make sure they were ready for this. For the next two minutes, he needed his feet, his arms, his legs, everything he had. He had stood in this position three times before, in the final of the 200-meter individual medley at the U.S. Olympic trials, and each time he had walked off the pool deck finishing second to Michael Phelps.Four years ago, when Phelps retired after the London Games, Lochte refused to believe it. He knew Phelps would be back. He needed him to be back. In any other era, Lochte would have been the greatest swimmer of his generation. Instead, he was Patrick Ewing to Phelps Michael Jordan. But now, in their last race on American soil, in the event Phelps has for so long dominated, Lochte had his chance to touch the wall before his rival and put a final twist on that narrative.When the eight finalists in the event paraded onto the pool deck, Phelps and Lochte came out last. In the tunnel, Lochte accidentally stepped on the heel of Phelps shoe, giving him what Phelps referred to as a flat tire. He was like, You trying to mess me up? And I was like, No, no, no, Lochte said. I was just joking. Their banter continued behind the blocks. I was pissed, Phelps said later, smiling. He caught me by surprise. We were both just enjoying ourselves.From the start, Phelps jumped out to an early lead. The 14,000 fans in the arena roared. Phelps led by .14 seconds at the first turn, and Lochte closed the gap to just .04 in the backstroke leg, his strength. With the race half finished, each had a chance. But up next was the breaststroke leg, and Lochtes legs were shot. Hed pulled his groin in that leg of the 400 IM five days earlier and battled pain all week. He and coach Dave Marsh adjusted his breaststroke kick to try to make it less painful. But it hadnt entirely worked.Equally challenging was the emotional drain the injury had taken on Lochte. The first night it happened, he worried his Olympic trials were over. There would be no Rio. The family and friends who had booked tickets, the sponsors who were counting on an Olympic appearance to push their products -- all of them were going to be disappointed.But with extensive massage therapy, ibuprofen and a distinctively high tolerance for pain, Lochte pressed on. Now he tried to push the pain out of his mind one last time. At the final turn, Phelps widened his lead to .19 seconds, swimming the breaststroke leg .12 seconds faster than Lochte.Phelps looked out of the corner of his eye. He saw Lochte. He knew he held a slim advantage. The image was almost exactly the same as four years ago. The same two swimmers, in the same two lanes, Phelps slightly leading on the final turn. On this night, too, they would charge home side-by-side, as fans in CenturyLink Center rose to their feet. With 25 meters to go, the water churning, it was nearly impossible to tell who was winning. Phelps knew it was anyones race. He kicked as hard as he could. Our races usually come down to the touch, Phelps said. And I just wanted to get my hand on the wall first.ddddddddddddHe did. Again. By one-third of a second. Phelps: 1:55.91. Lochte 1:56.22. The final chapter of their Olympic trials story ending the same way it began.When it was over, Lochte looked to the scoreboard above and saw the 2 next to his name. He headed to the lane line that had separated him from Phelps for the last two minutes. They embraced. Lochte offered congratulations then bobbed in the water, trying to catch his breath, the weight of the moment not lost on him.It was like, Wow, our journey is coming to an end, Lochte said. This is something Im definitely going to cherish for the rest of my life. Our last time racing against each other on U.S. soil. Something I really tried to take to heart.Said Phelps: Its crazy that weve been racing each other for 13 years. Thats the last race on American soil you will see. Its pretty cool -- a lot of amazing races.After leaving the pool deck, Lochte hobbled down a set of stairs, using both hands to support his weight with each step. He looked to be in pain, his gait resembling someone far older than a world-class swimmer who will turn 32 two days before the opening ceremonies in Rio. Phelps, meanwhile, hurried off the deck to prepare for the semifinals of the 100-meter butterfly, an event in which he finished sixth. Tonight was brutal, Phelps said. That 100 fly hurt.You might think there would be bitterness, jealousy or frustration from Lochte, that he would resent Phelps for having the kind of career he wished he could have had. Without spending his career chasing Phelps, though, Lochte says he truly believes he wouldnt have accomplished what he has. The 11 Olympic medals. The two world records that still stand. The World Swimmer of the Year Award. Friday night, he was disappointed but appreciative.I wouldnt be the swimmer I am today if I didnt have Michael, he said. We both push each other and bring the best out of each other.Neither Phelps nor Lochte was thrilled with his final time, despite being the second- and third-fastest in the world this year. Lochtes coach, David Marsh, was especially frustrated and said he expected more from Lochte in the race after he cruised to a 1:56.71 in Thursday nights semifinals. In a way, he blamed Phelps.I think Ryan raced Michael rather than swimming his best race, Marsh said. Thats what it looked like to me. He didnt execute a few of the pointers he was supposed to and thats because he was swimming with Michael.During the next five weeks, Phelps and Lochte will become teammates one last time. They will train together, eat together, at some point play cards together. And do whatever they can to get faster together.And then, if all goes as expected in preliminaries and semifinals, they could meet for one final time on the night of Aug. 11 in Rio in the final of the 200 IM. It would be Lochtes final chance to beat his rival.When you look at just the metrics, you have to say Michael owns him, Marsh said. But the reality is, is he capable of beating Michael? Absolutely. Absolutely he is. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz