Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 46 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

08.08.2019 11:37
Monday before hosting Texas for three games starting Antworten

NEW YORK -- Joe Maddon has no shortage of confidence in Jake McGee and Joel Peralta -- or the quality of New York Citys salsa. A day after his key relievers had had a rough outing that cost them the game against the Yankees, the manager met with them in the clubhouse over a snack to explain that he still trusted them in tough situations. On Sunday he showed it, calling on McGee and Peralta to hold the two-run lead the Rays took when James Loney hit a tiebreaking two-run single with two outs in the seventh inning. The bullpen put up zeros and the Tampa Bay Rays beat the New York Yankees 3-1. "Im a big chips and salsa man, and there was some excellent chips and salsa," Maddon said. "I wanted to talk to Jake and Joel. So I got a little bucket of salsa, a little bucket of chips and I sat down with both of them. "It was a good moment to just exchange thoughts, and I wanted them to know how much I believe in them, because that was a tough game for those guys," Maddon said. On Saturday, trying to protect a two-run lead, Peralta loaded the bases, and McGee walked in a run and allowed a three-run double in the seventh inning. On Sunday, Maddon didnt hesitate to go back to them. "It made me feel really, really good, you know?" Peralta said. "Thanks to Joe for putting me out there." Peralta got Robinson Cano, Travis Hafner and Lyle Overbay to fly out to centre after McGee pitched a scoreless, one-hit seventh. Then Fernando Rodney struck out the side in the ninth for his 15th save in 20 chances this season. Chris Archer pitched six innings of one-run ball for his first win in three starts since June 7 and the Rays earned a split of their four-game series in the Bronx after the Yankees celebrated their 67th Old-Timers Day. Archer (2-3) struck out four, allowed six hits, with a walk and a hit batter, and outdueled Ivan Nova, who returned to the Yankees rotation from the minor leagues and settled down after a shaky first inning. The Yankees right-hander came undone just enough in the seventh. Nova (2-2) left with two outs in the seventh after he hit Desmond Jennings and Ben Zobrist with pitches. Shawn Kelley walked Evan Longoria to load the bases and Boone Logan got to two strikes on Loney before the Rays first baseman lined a sharp shot up the middle. Joba Chamberlain came on and struck out Wil Myers to end the inning. That was another case of Maddon trusting a player. He briefly considered pinch-hitting, but decided to roll with Loney against a left-hander. "Im getting that chance here again like I did when I first started in the big leagues," said Loney. "I was playing against lefties a lot, too. Its one of those things where Im glad to be back in that situation." Nova pitched himself out of a jam two innings before that. He walked Jose Molina to lead off the inning and allowed a two-out single to Desmond Jennings to bring up Ben Zobrist in a tough spot. After getting ahead of him 0-2, Nova threw Zobrist a curveball low and inside. He swung and missed, and catcher Chris Stewart pumped his fist and ran off the field. Nova finished with seven strikeouts in 6 2-3 innings, allowing 7 hits and three walks. "I thought he was really good," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "First inning he got his fastball up and then after that he was real good." Zobrist got the Rays on the board with an RBI single in the first as Nova laboured. Cano answered with a sacrifice fly caught on the warning track in the bottom half. Archer, too, settled down after that and worked with a quick tempo. Once Loney got the big hit for the Rays, Maddon could rest easy, turning the game over to his lock-down bullpen. "When guys have a tough day like that, and theyre your guys, theres no replacements there," Maddon said. "These are our guys. This is how we win this year. I believe in them. And they have to know that." NOTES: Maddons snack choice in a city held up for mockery in salsa commercials as the origin of subpar product may have been his boldest decision this weekend. That one worked out, too. "As it turns out ... the chips and salsa were outstanding," Maddon said. "I dont know where theyre from here in the city, but theyre really, really good." ... Loney finished with three hits and an intentional walk after hitting into a double play in the first inning. ... Molina easily stole a base in the top of the eighth inning. He took off for second, and Stewart couldnt corral a high pitch, allowing the sturdy catcher to take the base easily. ... With the Old-Timers lined up on the basepaths after being introduced, Yogi Berra was welcomed last. The 88-year-old Berra was brought out on a golf cart festooned with eight miniature American flags, and received a warm cheer. ... The Rays face Toronto on Monday night at home, where RHP Jeremy Hellickson (5-3, with a 5.50 ERA) will face RHP Esmil Rogers (3-2, 3.14). ... The Yankees are off Monday before hosting Texas for three games starting Tuesday night. Tony Pollard Youth Jersey . Its 1987 and a Brazilian playmaker, known as Mirandinha, is being paraded around St James Park to the passionate Newcastle fans. Larry Allen Cowboys Jersey . -- Former San Diego Chargers safety Paul Oliver was found dead at his Atlanta-area home Tuesday night, and a medical examiner said Wednesday that the ex-player committed suicide. http://www.cowboysfootballgearshop.com/roger-staubach-jersey/ . Pettersen, winner of last years Evian Championships, had nine birdies and three bogeys, holding off a series of challengers led by Marion Ricordeau of France. The second-ranked Norwegian made her season debut after missing the LPGA Tours opening event last month in the Bahamas because of a shoulder injury. Jay Novacek Jersey . The third-ranked Ivanovic, who won the event in 2008 and 10, served five aces and broke Wickmayer, also a former winner in 2009, five times. "The result looked easier than it really was," Ivanovic said. Leighton Vander Esch Jersey ., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., took sixth spot on Saturday in pairs at the NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix figure skating competition. MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- The Memphis Grizzlies have exercised a third year contact option on forward Jarell Martin.Team officials announced the decision Friday.Martin played 27 regular-season games for the Grizzlies as a rookie last season and averaged 5.7 points, 3.2 rebounds and 14.1 minutes. The former first-round pick from LSU also played 10 games for the NBA Development Leagues Iowwa Energy and averaged 15 points and 6 rebounds.ddddddddddddMartin didnt play Wednesday in the Grizzlies season-opening victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves.The Grizzlies selected the 6-foot-10 forward with the 25th overall pick in the 2015 draft. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz