Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 56 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

05.08.2019 10:55
T-7 and T-3. Id say hes pretty comforta Antworten

Joe Root has revealed that it was a few home truths from Mark Ramprakash that helped inspire him to a career-best score in the Old Trafford Test.Describing his two dismissals at Lords as almost the final straw, Root turned to Ramprakash, the England batting coach, for advice. But rather than suggesting technical alterations or reassuring Root as to his quality, Ramprakash questioned whether he was in the frame of mind to be playing Test cricket at present.Root had looked well-set in the first innings of the first Test at Lords. He had added 110 for the second wicket with his captain, Alastair Cook, and moved within two of another half-century. But then he attempted an unnecessarily aggressive slow-sweep and top-edged to mid-wicket. Englands innings fell away and, with Root also succumbing to a loose pull in the second innings, Pakistan went on to win the game.It was far from the first time that Root had played a part in his own dismissal once set at Test level. Indeed, it was the 17th time in almost exactly 24 months that he had been dismissed with a score between 48 and 99 in a Test, in which time he had scored five Test centuries. And it was that failure to capitalise on his starts, that lack of ruthlessness, that persuaded him to seek advice ahead of the second Test in Manchester.It worked. Root produced his most controlled, mature innings to date to help England to a vast first innings total and, eventually, a victory that left the series level at 1-1 with two to play.The most frustrating thing about this Test match summer so far is that the majority of my dismissals have been batsman error, Root said. They have been things that are my own fault rather than good pieces of bowling where I couldnt do much about it.I look back at a number of dismissals and think thats not good enough, Ive got to be doing better than that. It was almost like the final straw at Lords. Id really wound myself up and I knew having been moved up the order, being 1-0 down in the series, I needed to put a really big performance in.I worked really hard in practice and, after the Tests, spoke to Mark Ramprakash about areas I could potentially go further with my game.I asked him: is there anything I could be doing differently or better to offer more to the team. He said it must be your mental approach to things because your game looks in good order, youre playing well in the nets and you look pretty comfortable out there.One thing he said was are you mentally in the right place to play Test cricket at the minute?I didnt even think about that at the time. That sort of hurt me, that someone would say that to me. But it was a good motivator to get me in the right place for Old Trafford.It was actually exactly what I needed to hear. Thats why he is such a good batting coach and why he is getting a lot out of our batters at the moment.Part of the problem, Root believes, was adapting to playing all three formats of the game within a short space of time. While he dismisses any sense that he was tired or jaded, he does admit that adapting to the different tempos of the formats has challenged him and that, at times, he has lost his wicket in Tests to the sort of stroke that might have been more appropriate in the limited-overs formats.The way I was approaching things was still edging towards one-day cricket a bit, Root said. Maybe I was expecting to score at a certain rate or play in a way that didnt really suit the situation or the way the opposition were bowling.It may have had something to do with switching across three forms. I dont think its a fatigue thing. I was just trying to turn that mental approach from one-day cricket to Test cricket. Previously Ive got that right but on this occasion I dont think I did quite.The fact that Ramps picked up on that and I was able to turn that round in quite a short space of time was really pleasing. It was nice to have push in the right direction, which is probably what you need from the coaching staff.It is not the first time Root has used the pain of defeat to drive him to improve. He was stung by his experiences on the Ashes tour of 2013-14 when England were thrashed 5-0 and Root was, for the only time in his career, dropped from the Test team.But while he admits it was a tough experience at the time, he also feels he benefited from it. He believes it taught him not only which areas of his game he needed to improve, but how to react in adversity. But, most of all, it has given him a hunger to put things right. While England have a lot to think about before the next Ashes tour - not least a tour to India and the Champions Trophy next June - it is only about 15 months away and Root admits both to training with one eye on it and to dreaming of what he believes would be an immense victory.At the time, that tour was difficult for me, he said. More than anything when I look back at that series, it was the amount of things I tried to change when it wasnt going well.I learnt a lot on that trip about my technique, areas I needed to learn but also what were my strengths and the basics of my game.Now, in situations like that, I just try to strip my game down to the bare basics and really rely on what I know works consistently for me. I had the mental strength within myself to know that and not to panic and just keep working hard. So going through that experience really did help me.At no point over the last 12 months have I really felt out of form, and since the start of the summer my game has felt in a really good place even though I wasnt getting the big scores.That was the lesson I learnt from that trip and I suppose it is a big driver for me to keep improving and keep looking to go big when I get the chance.There are a few players in our squad who were on that tour and would like to get back out there and put some really strong performances in. Me and a few of the other guys are doing things now to get us ready for Australia and India and playing on different surfaces so that you dont just turn up and say I need to do this and I need to do that youve already got a base layer in your locker before you get there.I would imagine that winning in Australia is one of the best feelings in Test cricket. It was great watching the guys do it not long ago and the stories and memories from a few of the guys who are still playing now are great to hear about.Hearing it makes you very hungry to go and do it yourself. Weve got a really strong squad of players who can go and do something special over there. It would be immense to be on a winning tour down there having scored a lot of runs.Joe Root was speaking at his first club, Sheffield Collegiate CC, on behalf of Hardys Wine & their Heartbeat of the Club campaign. Find out more @HardysWineUK Jared Goff Womens Jersey . Reigning world champion Eve Muirhead of Scotland opened with a 12-2 rout of Winnipegs Jennifer Jones in a battle of teams bound for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. Gerald Everett Youth Jersey .J. -- New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz will miss the rest of the season after having surgery on his left knee. http://www.ramsrookiestore.com/Rams-Gerald-Everett-Jersey/ . Despite the cost, effort and an improved steroid test, its possible that very few -- if any -- positives will be detected, Dr. Richard Budgett told The Associated Press in an interview. "We just dont know what the results from Torino will be," Budgett said. Cooper Kupp Rams Jersey . After dropping their final six games of December, the Wild opened the new calendar year with four consecutive wins. Following a loss to Colorado on Saturday, Minnesota rebounded the following night to blank Nashville 4-0, but then had the tables turned on them Tuesday. Aaron Donald Womens Jersey . The home side created most of the chances but struggled to break down Braunschweigs resilient defence, resulting in the Bundesligas 1,000th scoreless draw. DFS golf heads to the scenic El Camaleón Golf Club in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, for the OHL Classic, an event that has witnessed only two champions under the age of 30 since its inception nine years ago.Our experts have put together the players they believe have the skills to succeed and provide big fantasy point totals. This weeks panel is comprised of Bob Harig, Jason Sobel, Jonathan Coachman and Michael Collins as well as FantasyGolfInsiders Jeff Bergerson, Zach Turcotte, Taras Pitra and Jason Rouslin.Note: Golfer salaries listed are for DraftKings.Bob Harig -- Jon Rahm ($10,700)The former Arizona State golfer has made the most of his short time as a professional, earning a spot on the PGA Tour this season by finishing among the top 125 in Fedex points despite not being a PGA Tour member. Hes started this season with ties for 15th in both of his starts, including last week in Las Vegas.Jason Sobel -- Keegan Bradley ($10,000)Not gonna lie: Id forgotten Graeme McDowell won this event last year until I checked recently. Im going to keep my pick along those lines, taking another former major champion and Ryder Cup player whose game had suffered a bit of a tailspin but is now enjoying a bit of an uptick. Bradley owns top-10 finishes in each of his past two starts and should have plenty of confidence at a tournament where he finished T-8 last year.Michael Collins -- Jason Bohn ($7,600)In the three years the tournament has been held at this venue, Bohn had finishes of T-2, T-7 and T-3. Id say hes pretty comfortable down there. If you remember, last year Bohn lost in a playoff at Mayakoba and then in February suffered a heart attack.Jonathan Coachman -- Russell Knox (DK $11,800)These days, and with this field, its hard to pick against Knox. He has really started to come into his own, and he should have been on the European Ryder Cup team. In a fall event where its easy to start looking towaard the holidays, Knox seems to play his best golf and I believe that he will win this week.ddddddddddddTaras Pitra -- Johnson Wagner (DK $8,400)Wagner has quietly performed well in hitting a high number of birdies this season. He has also been excellent with his midrange approach shots and historically plays the par-4 holes well. I say quietly because the only thing anyone ever notices about Johnson is his mustache, or lack thereof. Wagner makes for a strong cash play with GPP upside this week as he has made four of five cuts, including a win in 2011.Jeff Bergerson -- Ryan Blaum ($6,900)One of the quieter rookies so far on the Tour, Blaum has nevertheless established himself as a player to be on the lookout for during the rest of the season. Blaum has made the cut in all three events this season and finished no lower than 31st. As a bonus, Blaum finished 29th at Mayakoba a year ago, giving us a nice value his weekZach Turcotte -- Charles Howell III ($7,500)Following his 15th-place finish a week ago at The Shriners, it appears that CH III is back on board with being a solid cut-maker with upside. We are hoping to grab him this week at a little bit of a discount. Last season, Howell was a fixture of the top 25 and he is a strong candidate to do it again this week on a course where he has made six of seven cuts and finished in the top 20 in five of his last six starts.Jason Rouslin -- Aaron Wise ($6,400)The reining NCAA champion almost had his breakthrough last week in Sin City, even holding the lead at one point before finishing 10th, but nonetheless he earns another start because of the good play. A hot putter, good ball striking and a maintained level of emotions will all be big factors this weekend, but at this salary Wise is definitely worth a long look. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz