Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 67 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

05.08.2019 10:55
credentials, mainly the number of majors -- fi Antworten

LAS VEGAS -- After two weeks of the Westgate Las Vegas SuperContest, only two of the record 1,854 entrants have perfect 10-0 records. Codlock and Scorpio are the aliases used by the undefeated SuperContestants that survived with their five against-the-spread picks after 78 entered Week 2 at 5-0. Actually, since theres a 1-in-32 chance of hitting a five-team parlay (assuming each game is a 50/50 proposition), having two 10-0 records is right on par.Codlock had the relatively easier path with the Titans +6, Patriots -6.5, Browns +6.5, Rams +4.5 and Falcons +5, as most were clear-cut winners, though the Patriots and Browns had to hold on late to cover after having big early leads.Scorpio had the Patriots -6.5, Saints +5, Panthers -13.5, Falcons +5 and Vikings +2.5 and lucked out when the Giants settled for a winning field goal against the Saints instead of punching in a spread-covering touchdown. Scorpio also had the sweat out a roller-coaster of a fourth quarter in the Panthers-49ers game.There are 20 SuperContestants tied for third place with 9-1 records, including one very familiar name. The 4ViewsFromVegas is an entry I share with three partners from my ViewFromVegas.com Forums (full disclosure: my personal entry is @ViewFromVegas, which is tied for 23rd place at 8-2; my partners voted down my losing pick on the Bears in Week 1).All of those on the leaderboard had to navigate a Week 2 slate that was tough for a lot of SuperContestants. The top five consensus picks (the most-selected teams) went 0-5 and the overall consensus was 4-12. The combined record of all 1,854 entrants was 4,189-5,081 (45.2 percent).SuperContestants pay $1,500 to enter and are playing for more than $2.5 million in prizes (after an administrative fee of 8 percent is taken out) and a first-place prize of $895,482. The contest runs all 17 weeks of the NFL season and well follow it weekly here at ESPN Chalk until the champion is crowned.Golden Nugget leaderboard taking shapeThe Friday Football Showdown at the Golden Nugget is a quarter of the way through its eight-week contest to put the top seven finishers in its eight-player field for the head-to-head format to determine its champion (note: theres a wild-card chase in Weeks 9 and 10 to determine the eighth finalist).RoughRider39, a longtime successful Las Vegas contest player, is the leader after two weeks with 12.5 out of a possible 14 points. He has a record of 12-1-1 with one point per win and half a point for a push. Jenny Butler and @NFL_Totals are tied for second at 12-2 for 12 points, with Will Landers in fourth with 11.5 points and Vegas Sports in fifth with 11.However, everyones eyes are on the seventh spot at 10.5 points, as thats the playoff cutoff. Four players are tied for the sixth and seventh spots with another 20 within two points of the cut, so its still wide-open.The Friday Football Showdown drew a field of 96 players at $2,000 apiece for a prize pool of $192,000. The eight qualifiers will earn $3,000 each and then face off in head-to-head matches between Nov. 19 and Dec. 9 on The Las Vegas Sportsline radio show from 2-3 p.m. PT Fridays on ESPN AM-1100 here in town. Those four winners will each win another $2,000 each. The remaining $160,000 is then split up with $96,000 to the eventual champion (for a total haul of $101,000), $40,000 to the runner-up, $8,000 each to the semifinal losers and $8,000 to the winner of a bonus mini-contest held in NFL Weeks 15-17 for all contestants (even those eliminated earlier). Diego Maradona Argentina Jersey . Schenn scored the game-winning goal and added two assists to lead the Philadelphia Flyers to a 4-1 win over the Calgary Flames at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Tuesday. Custom Argentina Soccer Jersey .Y. -- Sabres forward Drew Stafford has witnessed plenty of turmoil during his eight seasons in Buffalo. http://www.argentinasoccerauthentic.com/Maxi-Rodriguez-Copa-America-Jersey/ .Y. - Jerome Samson scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the St. Sergio Romero Argentina Jersey . Meanwhile, there were huge victories for Sunderland and West Ham over fellow relegation rivals, leaving the battle to avoid the drop up for grabs with the bottom 11 teams separated by just six points. Eden Hazard and Fernando Torres scored second-half goals to seal a fourth straight victory for Chelsea, which climbed above Arsenal and Manchester City in the standings ahead of their games on Monday and Sunday respectively. Lionel Messi Argentina Jersey . Both players have lower body injuries that will keep them out of the lineup until at least January 31, which is the first game they can be activated from IR. TROON, Scotland -- Henrik Stenson and Phil Mickelson delivered what everyone expects out of a major championship.They matched birdies and improbable par saves. Momentum could change with any shot. The lead changed four times over four hours of golf at its highest level, played in the cold wind and occasional rain off the Irish Sea. All the British Open lacked Saturday was a winner.Turns out this was only the preview to a duel at Royal Troon.Stenson took the lead for the last time with another two-shot swing on an inward par 3, and he kept it with a nifty up-and-down on the 18th for par and a 3-under 68, the second straight day that no one had a better score.That gave the 40-year-old Swede his first lead in a major, even if it was just one shot over someone who already has five majors and his name on the claret jug.Theres only one thing that matters tomorrow, Stenson said. I know hes not going to back down, and Im certainly going to try to not back down, either. So it should be an exciting afternoon. ... Ive worked hard these first three days to put myself in this situation and Im going to try my hardest tomorrow to finish the job.Links golf can deliver some strange finishes, though this had all the trappings of a two-man race on Sunday.Stenson had his third straight round in the 60s -- no one has ever won at Royal Troon with all four rounds in the 60s -- and was at 12-under 201. He is trying to become only the eighth player dating to Old Tom Morris in 1861 to win his first major after turning 40.Mickelson, winless since he lifted golfs oldest trophy at Muirfield three years ago, had a 70. His game was nowhere near as sharp as his opening-round 63 that tied a major championship record. Even so, he came up with the rights shots at the right time until Stenson passed him late in the afternoon.Some days its easy and it looks pretty like the first couple, Mickelson said. Some days its hard and it looks terrible, like it did today. But either way, I shot three rounds under par.He made a 25-foot birdie putt on the 13th hole for a two-shot lead. Stenson answered with a 5-iron to 6 feet for birdie on the next hole to tie for the lead when Mickelson three-putted, only his third bogey of the week.Mickelson regained the lead with a pitch to 4 feet for birdie on the par-5 16th, only for the Swede to answer again, this time with an all-out 3-iron into the wind on the 220-yard 17th hole to 20 feet. Mickelson lost the lead by missing the green to the left and making bogey.Everyone else felt like mere spectators.Bill Haas, a six-time winner on the PGA Tourr who is rarely heard from at majors, was solid with a 69 and alone in third.dddddddddddd Its his highest position ever in a major, yet he was six shots off the lead. Another shot back was Andrew Johnston, the Englishman with a big belly and beard to match who goes by Beef. He broke par for the third straight day with a 70.It was unlikely to matter.This was all about Stenson and Mickelson, two powerful players with different styles and different credentials, mainly the number of majors -- five for Mickelson, none for Stenson. Mickelson spoke earlier in the week about not having as much pressure knowing he already has won them.Not since Davis Love III and Justin Leonard shared the lead and were seven shots clear of the field in the 1997 PGA Championship has the final round of a major took on the appearance of match play.I was happy enough to throw two good punches in there on the par 3s and pick up two shots on either one of them to come back out on top at the end of the third round, Stenson said. Ive always been of the thought that its better to be one ahead than one behind, because that means Phils got to play better than I do.Mickelson finished three shots ahead of Stenson three years ago at Muirfield when Lefty closed with a 66 in one of the best final rounds of a major. He hasnt won another tournament since, and at age 46, it appeared time was running out.A victory Sunday would give him six majors, same as Nick Faldo and Lee Trevino. He also would be the third-oldest major champion behind Julius Boros (48) and Morris, with whom Mickelson shares a birthday -- June 16, albeit 149 years apart. The 1861 Open was played in September.Stenson was on the verge of falling two shots behind until he holed a 40-foot par putt on the 10th. Two holes later, Mickelson was in danger of losing the lead when he pushed his 2-iron toward trouble and was fortunate the ball deflected off a piece of prickly gorse. He had just enough room to hammer it up the fairway, and then played a shot rarely seen in links golf -- instead of running it up along the ground, he spun it back down a ridge to 6 feet for a key par.I got lucky that that ball didnt go into the gorse, even though I didnt have a back swing, Mickelson said. I still had a chance to advance it a little bit. I still hit a good shot to advance it down the fairway like I did, and found a way to get up and down.Now, they have one more round, this time with a claret jug at stake. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz