Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 56 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

29.07.2019 09:02
about it, to tell you the truth. Whatev Antworten

A day before Louisville opened fall camp, receiver Reggie Bonnafon was flipping through his Twitter account ?killing some time, when he came across a video of his quarterback, Lamar Jackson, mugging for the camera at the end of the student centers basketball court. Jackson palms a basketball then heaves it the length of the court, a high arc sailing over the hardwood and landing right on target, swishing through the net.Bonnafon shook his head. This is actually one of Jacksons more practiced tricks, but its still stunning to see the ease with which he unleashes his talent.Its like, man, hes ridiculous, Bonnafon said. But nothing really surprises us at this point.Jackson has only been on campus for just more than a year, but his mythology has already grown so vast that no story of his athletic prowess seems unbelievable.In May 2015, before hed even gotten to Louisville, he posted a high school highlight reel on Twitter with the caption, Louisville takeover, I promise accompanied the hashtag #Humble. Four months later, hed won the Cardinals starting QB job over three more experienced competitors. By years end, he was one of the hottest names in college football, torching Texas A&M in the Music City Bowl, a game he now refers to as his Kodak moment.Theres the story of Jackson bumping into Chicago Bulls guard Rajon Rondo on campus just a few days into summer session last year. Jackson was returning to his dorm with some teammates when he caught Rondos attention. The NBA star challenged the Louisville then-freshman to a foot race. Jackson had just come from a weightlifting session, and he wasnt sure he was up to it.You scared? Rondo prodded.Thats all it took. Jackson grinned, took his spot at the starting line, then left Rondo in the dust.Or theres the legend of how Jackson won his starting job at Boynton Beach High School. Hed transferred in from a small school nearby after his freshman year, and his grades were too low to play immediately. Still, he walked into coach Rick Swains office and announced, Im going to be your starting quarterback.Swain had heard raves from other players about Jacksons talent, but he wasnt convinced the kid was for real.I thought, either this kids got a lot of moxie, Swain said, or hes full of crap.The next semester, Jackson had earned straight As to revive his eligibility, and during a 7-on-7 game that spring, Jackson was so impressive that Swain revamped his offense from a Wing-T to a pistol to allow his new QB to showcase his skill set.Ive coached a lot of players that have gone on to play in the NFL, Swain said, but this kid has some intangible thing that not many people have.So when Louisville coach Bobby Petrino sat at ACC media days last month and suggested the Cardinals were a real threat to win the national championship in 2016, it didnt seem like such a lofty goal. Hes got Jackson on his side, and from there, anythings possible.Theres another video that made rounds on social media shortly after Jacksons first start for the Cardinals. In it, Jackson launches a football from the goal line on the far side of his high school football field. The ball soars high, gets lost briefly in the stadium lights, then emerges on the other side, dropping into the hands of a waiting receiver on the opposite goal line.Nevermind all the clicks that video earned. Somehow questions remain about Jacksons arm and his ability to win football games from inside the pocket.Petrino understands the concerns. He had them, too.We knew how good an athlete he was, Petrino said of Jacksons recruitment. The question was always whether he could throw and be a quarterback.It took just two practices for Petrino to be convinced hed found his QB. After a week of camp last year, Petrino decided Jackson would play as a freshman, and by halftime of Louisvilles opener against Auburn, Jackson had won the starting job.Still, one small problem remained.I know I can make any pass, Jackson said, but I didnt know anything [about the playbook].Instead, Jackson improvised.Behind a porous offensive line, Jackson zigged and zagged his way out of trouble, accelerating past linebackers and defensive backs with ease. By years end, hed racked up 1,143 rushing yards (excluding sacks), the fourth-most of any quarterback in the country. In the season finale against Texas A&M, he ran 22 times for 226 yards and two touchdowns.That was the easy part, Petrino said. This spring was about harnessing that big arm and putting the brakes on Jacksons legs.In 2015, Louisvilles spring scrimmages were open season on the quarterbacks, who werent given non-contact jerseys in order for the staff to get a better feel for eachs ability to scramble. This year, Petrino went the opposite direction. He refused to let Jackson leave the pocket.Hed run, Id blow the whistle, and hed get mad at me, Petrino said. Hed say, But coach, I couldve scored. But he needed to throw.As spring progressed, there were fewer debates. Jacksons eyes stayed up, his feet stayed quiet, and the offense exploded.It was Lamar Jackson 2.0, an upgraded edition of an already impressive piece of machinery. In the Cardinals spring game, Jackson completed 24 of 29 passes for 519 yards with eight touchdowns and no picks. He played just one series into the second half of the game.A lot of people dont think I can throw at all, Jackson said, so Ive got to show everyone.Jackson sat perched at a table surrounded by media at the ACCs annual kickoff event last month when one reporter flipped over the notepad Louisville had handed out earlier in the day. On the front was an action shot of Jackson, a sophomore with just eight career starts under his belt, now the face of the program.Thats pretty cool, Jackson said. Ive got to get one of those for my mom.The crowd laughed and Jackson beamed. The coronation seemed inevitable. By days end, the platitudes about Jacksons poise and confidence and maturity had devoured social media platforms. But the funny thing is, that might be the one place Jackson doesnt feel comfortable.I was uptight and nervous, he said of doing interviews last season. I didnt want to make a mistake.Jackson insists he doesnt even watch TV, so he has no idea what type of hype or criticism has been aimed his way, so the questions and the cameras mark the only time all the attention on him actually comes into focus.Yet here he was, cracking jokes and telling stories and interchanging boastful predictions with disarming charm.My feeling was hes going to be a big part of our program, and he needed to go learn how to enjoy it, Petrino said of bringing Jackson to ACC Kickoff. Hes a guy who likes life. He always has a smile on his face. Everyone got to see his personality and understand how special a young man he is.A reporter asked him if he was ever concerned he wouldnt fit in Petrinos offense.Nah, Jackson said. Im coachable.Another asked what he learned in last years loss 41-21 to Florida State.That we need to score more points, Jackson said.When pressed on his recruitment -- a late affair that didnt hit high gear until his senior campaign -- Jackson shrugged off the coaches who might have doubted him back then.High school is a small stage, he said. Im on the big stage now.One question after another, he responded with brevity and optimism. And this was Jackson in his least comfortable surroundings.Of course, thats not to say Jackson cant be flustered. When he screws up during practice, hes apoplectic. Its an issue Coach Swain struggled with during Jacksons prep career, and Nick Petrino, Louisvilles QB coach, has worked to address it this offseason, too. Swain once pointedly asked Jackson why he was so hard on himself. Jackson was unsurprisingly succinct in response: Im not supposed to make mistakes, he said.Perhaps that is Jacksons only true kryptonite this season. The expectations are so high, not just from outside the program, but from inside Jacksons own mind. Hes heading a team that is picked third in its own division, but Louisville fans believe Jackson can even the playing field with heavyweights Florida State and Clemson. His teammates spent the offseason building that hype machine, telling anyone who would listen about the huge strides Jackson made as a passer and how prolific this offense could be. And Jackson, too, hasnt shied from the bluster.This year, he said, when asked about his understanding of the playbook, its going to be easy.The bar is set high, but thats where Jackson likes it.Swain remembers pulling his prized protégé aside after practice one day at Boynton Beach. Swain had once considered law school, he told Jackson, but he loved football too much to give it up. He went into coaching instead, embarking on a hall-of-fame career. His one regret, he said, is that he didnt have the raw talent that Jackson possessed.If Id had that, Swain said, youd never be able to chase the records Id have set.Jackson grinned at his coach and shook his head.I dont know, coach, he retorted. I like doing things like that. Odell Beckham Jr Youth Jersey . Burris threw two TD passes, including a key 15-yard fourth-quarter strike to Bakari Grant that effectively countered a Toronto comeback bid and led Hamilton to a 33-19 victory. Sheldrick Redwine Womens Jersey . Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC failed to make the postseason while Montreal Impact fell at the first hurdle losing heavily to Houston Dynamo in the Eastern Conference Knockout Round. http://www.brownsrookiestore.com/Browns-Bernie-Kosar-Jersey/ . Catch all the action on TSN2 at 11pm et/8pm pt. The nine-time Big 12 champion Jayhawks are positioning themselves for another title, as they have run out to a flawless 6-0 mark in conference play thus far. Austin Seibert Womens Jersey . The Brazilian goalkeeper signed a loan deal with the Major League Soccer club on Friday as he looks to get playing time ahead of this summers World Cup in his home country. Myles Garrett Youth Jersey . Jordan Lynch, the all-purpose Heisman Trophy finalist from Northern Illinois, failed to make it into that exclusive club. LAS VEGAS -- In a matter of months, former player Murray Craven has gone from being the Montana-based golfing buddy of Bill Foley to calling Foley, the owner of the NHLs newest expansion team, his boss.The 52-year-old Craven -- who played 1,071 games for the?Detroit Red Wings, Philadelphia Flyers, Hartford Whalers, Vancouver Canucks, Chicago Blackhawks and San Jose Sharks,?collecting 759 points along the way -- was a semi-retired hockey dad and businessman before he re-entered the game with a bang. Now, he oversees the building of a new practice facility for the newly minted Vegas Golden Knights, as well as getting his first taste of being an NHL scout.I sat down with Craven -- who was officially named the 31st NHL franchises senior vice president in August -- recently to talk about how hes helping prepare the Golden Knights for their inaugural season next fall.ESPN.com: How did you end up in Montana?Murray Craven:?Im from Medicine Hat [Alberta]. Whitefish, Montana, was our vacation place. Its a ski resort. And its beautiful. Skiing in the wintertime. Great golfing and boating in the summer.?ESPN.com: How did you end up meeting Bill Foley?Craven:?Golfing. We belong to the same golf course there.ESPN.com: Whos better?Craven:?Me.ESPN.com: How many strokes do you have to give him?Craven:?Its kind of not fair. I have to give him quite a few now. He owns his own golf courses, though. He gets up there with the greens keeper and has the tees moved up to wherever its best for him. Its not a fair fight anymore.ESPN.com: Do you remember the moment Foley said, Im thinking of putting an NHL team in Las Vegas. What do you think?Craven:?I remember it distinctly. He pulled up in his boat at my dock. We were playing golf later that day. We chatted about golf and then, as he was pushing off, he said, Oh, and by the way, I think Im going to try and put a team in Las Vegas. And I said, You are out of your mind. They will never let you do it. As I walked away, I said to myself, I think hes serious about this.At that point it was just an idea, even for him. And it gained momentum and slowly picked up speed -- now were sitting here in Las Vegas.ESPN.com: At what point did you go from providing advice as a friend and former player to being part of the team?Craven:?We never talked about it that much, mostly because there was so much uncertainty about the whole thing. Everyone thinks this was kind of baked in the cake, that we were getting this thing a long, long time ago. It really wasnt like that. It was always kind of, Well kick it down the road until we get to that point.My roles always evolving, and it will continue to. But, at the same time, I need to learn the management side of the game too. Thats my goal. I obviously have to get the practice facility built, and we have some American Hockey League responsibilities to take care of, and we have to get T-Mobile [Arena] all ready. And then, in between, in order for me to be involved in the conversations, I have to know the players. My goal is to [scout] 10 games a month. Our regular scouts are going to see 20.ESPN.com: Was the scouting part of the plan for you all along?Craven:?Yeah. Ive always been on the other sside of the game.dddddddddddd I was always a player. Ive never ventured to the other side, really, so its all new to me. Even scouting is new to me. Its been a learning experience. We have a lot of experienced scouts. We have guys who have decades [of scouting]. So when I sit with them, Im always asking them, What are you looking at? How are you doing it? Everyone thinks, Oh, itd be easy to just go scout a game. Its not. Because you end up watching the game and not actually focusing [on scouting]. So they tutor me on how to do that. Dont try to watch two teams in one night. Focus on one team, and focus on five or six guys at first.ESPN.com: Whats Bill Foley like to work for? And did you worry about the transition from golfing pal to employee?Craven:?Its different. No doubt its different. I knew it would be. Now I work for him. I can still bug him about his golf game. I dont see him as much. Hes a busy guy. Im a busy guy. Im not worried about it, to tell you the truth. Whatever happens, happens.ESPN.com: Has the experience of doing the job been different than you thought?Craven:?No, it hasnt. There are more pieces to it than I thought. Obviously, the game has changed since I played -- especially on the analytics side. But I knew the commitment it was going to take to do it. Its seven days [a week], 365 [days a year] right now. You cannot remove yourself from it. You dont go home at night and put something else on TV. You go home at night and put whatever games are on and you watch them till youre done.ESPN.com: When you finished playing, what did you do? Did you miss hockey, or were you happy to move on?Craven:?After I was done [at the end of the 2000 season], I took a year off. And then I had it in my contract with the Sharks that I would work for them post-hockey. I worked for them in Cleveland. I would spend one week a month in Cleveland. I enjoyed that but I had a young family at the time, a newborn, my boy.So I looked at the road I was going to take and I just wasnt prepared to pay the price. I knew what the future to get into coaching would have held. A lot of buses, a lot of starting at the bottom. Coming off playing 18 years, it just wasnt in the cards for me. So I took some time off, got into some building and construction activities, commercial and residential, and I enjoyed that. And then this opportunity came along, and its great. It was the right time of my life to jump back in. Its a lot of work, though.ESPN.com: There were rumors in the early going that you might end up as the Vegas GM.Craven:?It never, ever even crossed my mind that I would be ready for that. Not a chance. I would never have said that to Bill. Or positioned myself in that manner. That would have been putting my own interests in front of everybodys. Im not that way.?ESPN.com: Whats your relationship like with GM George McPhee?Craven:?Im trying to learn from George. George is my boss. Obviously Ive got other responsibilities. Ive got to build these things. When it comes to the hockey stuff, hes my boss. Hes got the experience. I dont.? ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz