Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 75 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

24.07.2019 04:48
.How much Mulkey will play her freshmen remai Antworten

Johanna Konta may have felt star-struck rubbing shoulders with Britains best Olympians but at the US Open she is no longer an unknown quantity.Konta plays Americas Bethanie Mattek-Sands in round one Monday, looking at least to replicate her breakthrough run to the last 16 here 12 months ago.Then, Konta was a surprise package, having previously won only one grand slam match in her career, but she has shot to fame since, rising to 14th in the world and reaching a major semifinal at the Australian Open in January.Konta, however, has kept her feet firmly planted on the ground and at the Olympics in Rio last month she could barely believe it when recognised by her fellow athletes -- most notably golfs gold medallist Justin Rose.Justin said to me, youve been having such a good year and I thought, my God, he knows who I am!, Konta said. I had a couple of those moments, surprised that people know the sport I play to begin with.I was definitely one of the more social ones, I made an effort to sit down with other athletes, I didnt just stick to our group. We were sitting with the boxers, the rugby players, with the hockey players.I tried to learn as much as I could about the other sports because going in there I really didnt have any idea about them Im ashamed to say.Konta lost in the second round of the womens doubles and quarterfinals of the singles but admits she remained in Olympic mode even while playing in Cincinnati last week.I was well prepared for the Olympics in the sense that everyone told me it was nothing like anything youve experienced before and it was just that, Konta said.It was very strange going there and incredibly strange leaving because you just get immersed in this bubble of sport and competing.There are so many competitive vibes there that it was quite shocking to the system. To be surrounded by so many athletes -- I was definitely having withdrawal symptoms when I left and still was in Cincinnati.Back in grand slam mode, Konta will do well to escape a fiendish quarter of the draw in New York that includes Garbine Muguruza, Madison Keys, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Belinda Bencic and Olympic champion Monica Puig.First, she must overcome Mattek-Sands, a local favourite who may still be riding her own Olympic high after winning gold in the mixed doubles with Jack Sock.Mattek-Sands and Sock beat Konta and Jamie Murray in the first round.We hadnt played each other ever and now we are playing each other twice in three weeks, Konta said.She is playing very well, she has an incredible amount of experience, she is coming off the back of something that is incredibly inspirational and life changing.I think its no secret that a lot of American players play better here. Im expecting a very inspired Bethanie and I will do my best. David Luiz Jersey . Catch all the action on TSN2 at 11pm et/8pm pt. The nine-time Big 12 champion Jayhawks are positioning themselves for another title, as they have run out to a flawless 6-0 mark in conference play thus far. Andreas Christensen Jersey . The Vancouver coach and an announced sellout crowd of 18,910 watched in dismay as the Canucks lost 7-4 to the New York Islanders on Monday night by squandering a 3-0 lead in the third period. http://www.chelseasoccerjerseysonline.com/womens-pedro-chelsea-jersey/ . Robinson finished with 17 points, all but two in the second half, and Lawson had 14 after halftime and finished with a game-high 11 assists as the Nuggets handed Dallas its first home loss in eight games this season. J.J. Hickson led Denver with 22, and Kenneth Faried added 10 points and 10 rebounds. Willian Chelsea Jersey . -- Anaheim Ducks captain and leading scorer Ryan Getzlaf has been scratched from Sunday nights game against the Vancouver Canucks because of an upper-body injury. Callum Hudson-Odoi Chelsea Jersey . Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey last Sunday. The fine is the fourth this season for Goldson. He was fined $30,000 for a hit on the New York Jets Jeff Cumberland in Week 1. WACO, Texas -- Lauren Cox learned very quickly that Natalie Chou has a voracious appetite, will sing along to anything that comes on the radio and wont put a skateboard down until she has learned how to skate.Before they became roommates at Baylor this summer, Cox and Chou mostly knew each other as highly competitive, decorated rivals in Dallas.It was always us two, me against Lauren in seventh and eighth grades, Chou said. And then in high school, we were in the same district so we would play against each other at least two times. That would always be a big game.Cox and Chou, ranked the No. 1 and No. 8 recruits in the country by ESPN, will play in many more massive games for the next four years as teammates. The prized freshmen, along with No. 40 prospect Calveion Juicy Landrum, take their first road trip on Thursday, and it will surely will be one they wont forget.No. 2 Baylor visits No. 3 UConn with the Huskies looking to extend their 76-game winning streak with a victory in Storrs. The Huskies (1-0) will be Baylors second top-10 opponent this week after the Bears (2-0) beat ninth-ranked UCLA at home, 84-70.Usually, UConn has the star-studded recruiting class. But Baylor head coach Kim Mulkey might have her best crop of freshmen in her 17 seasons at Waco, and thats saying a lot.While Cox and Chou had been teammates once before on the 2014 USA U17 World Championship team -- they helped USA go 7-0 and bonded half a world away in the Czech Republic -- the two never really considered playing together at the collegiate level.At least not until Mulkey had the two in her office for a visit at Baylor.Mulkey made a detailed, eye-opening pitch of seamless pick-and-rolls, perhaps allowing Cox and Chou to fantasize about becoming the Green and Gold version of Stockton and Malone. The coach also talked about the 6-foot-1 Chous perimeter shooting, passing and versatility to play three positions -- and how that would fit nicely with the 6-foot-4 Coxs stellar post game.Apart, the two would be just fine wherever they went. Together, however, Cox and Chou could be a championship-caliber combination in the future.When I recruited them, I talked about together, Mulkey said. The combination of a post player and a perimeter player and what they could mean to each other.Their personalities are similar in that they are very basketball savvy. They grew up in homes where their parents are very involved in their careers, and now they can go to the next level and do it together.Cox stunned Mulkey by committing as she posed for a photo shoot in a Baylor uniform on her official visit, and Chou signed two weeks later.(Mulkeys pitch about teaming up) was eye-opening, Chou said. She put everything into reality. Lauren is like the best post power forward, and I am a really good shooter, so having her would help me a lot, and we know eeach others games so well so it would be great.ddddddddddddThe two McDonalds All-Americans joined Landrum to give Mulkey whats considered the best recruiting class in the country by some and the second-best class?according to ESPN. All three have deep basketball roots, too. Chous mother, Quanli Li, played professional basketball in China. Coxs parents, Dennis and Brenda, played college basketball, and Landrums sister, Porsha Roberts, plays professionally.How much Mulkey will play her freshmen remains to be seen. Cox logged just four minutes and missed all four of her shots against UCLA as Mulkey relied on an impressive frontcourt with the likes of preseason All-American forward Nina Davis and Kalani Brown. Brown had 25 points, 19 rebounds, 6 assists and 5 blocks against the Bruins.Chou and Landrum play behind a veteran backcourt of Alexis Jones, Alexis Prince and Kristy Wallace. Chou logged 12 minutes and went scoreless, while Landrum did not play against UCLA.Of course, the freshmen trio came to Baylor knowing they would try to support a Bears squad that returned four starters from a 36-2 team last season.I am really hard on myself, so I do have high expectations for myself, said Cox, who is Baylors first No. 1 recruit in the country since Brittney Griner in 2009. If I do want to have that playing time and contribute to the team, I will have to work hard because we have really good returning posts on the team.In Baylors first non-exhibition game of the season, the three freshmen saw extended playing time in a 118-43 blowout over Houston Baptist. Chou led the freshmen with 11 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals and 1 block, while Cox had 8 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 blocks. Landrum added 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 points, 2 steals and 1 block.Mulkey hopes her freshmen will wreak havoc on opponents in the future. For now, she wants them to find enough harmony on the court to be the pieces that make this Baylor juggernaut a championship team.The three Texas girls havent come up with a nickname for their class, but their goal and the teams motto is clear and catchy: Destination Dallas. Baylor hopes to return to the Final Four for the first time since 2012, when the Bears went 40-0 and won the national championship.Once local rivals, Cox and Chou would love nothing more than to come home and compete for a championship together.From over the years, we would know how each other play, and we knew each others strengths and what we liked to do, Chou said. So having that connection already and history really, I think, helps.We have a lot of Dallas girls on this team. So we feel like we would be playing in front of our family, and our goal is to win the national championship. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz