Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 45 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

23.07.2019 10:30
do it.Meanwhile, there were so many playoff permu Antworten

MONTREAL -- Angelique Kerber put any concerns about her left elbow to rest Friday in the Rogers Cup.The second-seeded German player advanced to the semifinals with a 6-2, 6-2 victory over unseeded Russian Daria Kasatkina. And Kerber did it without a twinge from the elbow that forced her to withdraw from a match last week in Sweden.My elbow is feeling much better, Kerber said. I had a lot of treatments when I came here. Its actually better from match to match. Im not feeling it anymore. Hopefully, it will stay like this.The Australian Open winner will face fifth-seeded Simona Halep of Romania, a 3-6, 6-1, 6-1 winner over No. 9 Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia.In the night quarterfinals, 10th-seeded Madison Keys of the United States beat 16th-seeded Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia 7-6 (3), 1-6, 6-0, and Slovakias Kristina Kucova topped 15th-seeded Johanna Konta of Britain 6-4, 6-3.Kerber and Halep, the top two players left, have met five times. Halep won the first three, all on hard courts like the one at Uniprix Stadium. Kerber won the next two, both this year -- one on a clay court in Federation Cup play and the other on grass in the Wimbledon quarterfinals.Kerber is left-handed, and Halep swings with the right.Every match we played against each other was really close, Kerber said. I think itll depend on the day. We both are really tough players. We are both moving really good. I think it will be just another match against her where I know I have to play my best tennis, being aggressive, having a lot of patience against her and, yeah, trying of course to beat her again. Dan Hampton Womens Jersey . -- An ugly goal by Nick Bonino helped the Anaheim Ducks overcome the defensive-minded Phoenix Coyotes on a night when their ragged power play continued to struggle. Akiem Hicks Youth Jersey . Still, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke thought taking him out before the fifth inning was an unusual move. "Im looking up at the board and hes got two hits given up and one run, and Im taking him out after the fourth inning," Roenicke said. http://www.bearsfootballpro.com/Authentic_Walter-Payton_Bears_Jersey/ .C. -- When North Carolina freshman Ryan Switzer reported to training camp in August he was a little miffed to learn he was third on the depth chart at punt returner. David Montgomery Youth Jersey . -- Its been a long road back for Sean Bergenheim. Khalil Mack Womens Jersey . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Indians manager Terry Francona sat in the visiting clubhouse at Kauffman Stadium, moments after a 3-2 victory over the Kansas City Royals, and knew only that Boston awaited his club in the postseason.He didnt know where the series would begin. That was still to be determined by games elsewhere, as was whether Cleveland would need to make up a rained out game in Detroit on Monday.Well, Francona said with a grin and a shrug, were either going to shower and go home or shower and go to Detroit. Either way, Im showering.Suds up that loofah, Tito. Youre heading home.The Tigers loss to the Braves coupled with Bostons loss to the Blue Jays gave Cleveland (94-67) homefield advantage in the divisional round. The newly minted AL Central champions open against Boston (93-69) on Thursday at Progressive field with Trevor Bauer slated to take the hill.You get to the last weekend of the year, you see a lot of guys kind of tailing off, said Francona, who has yet to win a postseason game in Cleveland. Our guys never did that.Not even in their regular-season finale.Josh Tomlin (13-9) dueled with the Royals Ian Kennedy (11-11) into the eighth before finally pulling ahead. Carlos Santana drew a walk off Kennedy to start the inning, Jason Kipnis followed with a double and Frnacisco Lindor hit a fly ball deep enough to right field for the lead.Tomlin got the first batter in the eighth before Andrew Miller finished it up, and Cody Allen handled the ninth to earn his 32nd save and give the Indians a nice boost heading into the playoffs.Ive never really experienced the postseason, said Tomlin, the expected Game 3 starter, so I know Ill be ready when that time comes. We knew we put ourselves in good position.It was a frustrating finale to an injury plagued season for the Royals, who had been to the past two World Series and were coming off their first championship since 1985. A dismal July nearly buried them, an inspired August got them back into contention, and a stumbling finish left them at 81-81.It was their first non-winning season in four years.We were just one win away from having a winning season. We had four cracks at it at the end of the yeaar and just couldnt get it, Royals manager Ned Yost said.dddddddddddd Offensively, we just couldnt do it.Meanwhile, there were so many playoff permutations riding on the final day of the regular season that Francona was still trying to sort everything out 3 hours before first pitch.The only thing he knew was his club was playing Boston on Thursday -- somewhere.They fell into a 1-0 hole when Jarrod Dyson and Whit Merrifield opened the game with doubles off Tomlin, the expected Game 3 starter in the divisional series, but the lead didnt even last the two innings.The Indians answered in the third when Tyler Naquin was plunked by a pitch from Ian Kennedy, and Yan Gomes went deep to left field on the first big league pitch hed seen since July 17.Kansas City tied it up when Cheslor Cuthbert homered leading off the fifth inning, but the Indians were able to coax across one more run to once more beat a team theyve dominated this season.One mistake, I gave up a home run and it kind of cost me, Kennedy said. Overall, I was really happy how the outing went. At least, I gave our team a real solid chance.TRAINERS ROOMIndians: Gomes, activated from the 60-day DL on Friday, started for the first time since breaking his right hand in a rehab game Sept. 14. Its been a long way back, Gomes said. They said I cant hurt it any more. Youll just have to play through it, play through the pain.Royals: 1B Eric Hosmer missed the finale with a wrist issue hes been battling for weeks. C Sal Perez was the DH to protect an ailing hamstring. ... RHP Dillon Gee is scheduled to have another procedure Oct. 11 for blood clots in his shoulder and lung. The issue popped up during a start in Detroit.UP NEXTIndians: The chase begins for their first playoff victory since 2007, when they lost to the Red Sox -- managed by Francona -- in a seven-game AL championship series.Royals: Time to think about next season. General manager Dayton Moore has some roster decisions to make, including whether to exercise team options on SS Alcides Escobar and RHP Wade Davis. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz