Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 41 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

23.07.2019 10:29
interviews after his biggest scoring performances Antworten

Last week my colleague Eamonn Brennan wrote that Duke and Kentucky have lifted themselves to an altogether different plane than their peers. Color me shocked, but this characterization of the hoops powers that be led to some pushback.While its self-evident that our big, sprawling and unwieldy sport of college basketball is much larger than any two teams, Im here to offer one hearty, analytic Hear! Hear! to Brennans thesis. If anything, he could have pushed it even further. Grey Air Jordan 12 Retro . After Gasquet beat fifth-seeded Ivan Dodig of Croatia 7-5, 6-3, Tsonga followed up with a 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-2 win against sixth-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin in an all-French match. Rose Air Jordan 12 Retro . -- Peyton Manning will have all of his wide receivers available for the first time in a month when the Denver Broncos begin their playoff run Jan. http://www.cheapjordans12retro.com/all-gold-air-jordan-12-retro/ . Patrice Bergeron and Daniel Paille scored 20 seconds apart a few minutes after Stamkos was taken off the ice on a stretcher with a broken right leg, and the Bruins beat the Lightning 3-0 on Monday afternoon. All Blue Air Jordan 12 Retro . John Tavares, Thomas Vanek and Kyle Okposo were also being counted on to slow down sizzling Rangers forward Rick Nash. That plan didnt go so well early. Black Air Jordan 12 Retro .Y. - Free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury, fresh off winning the World Series with Boston, reached agreement with the rival New York Yankees on a seven-year contract worth about $153 million, a person familiar with the negotiations said Tuesday night. LAS VEGAS -- Adding Kevin Durant to the?Warriors?will reduce the roles of Golden States incumbent stars. Naturally, the question becomes who bears the brunt of that -- who must make the most difficult sacrifice on a team?thats sure to score so easily?Put another way: Who will be Golden States Chris Bosh?Back in 2010, when Bosh and LeBron James joined Dwyane Wade to form the Miami Heat juggernaut, it was Bosh -- a superstar in his own right -- who saw a transition from franchise player to supporting actor. It was a journey that proved tougher than he imagined.In 2014, Bosh caused a stir with his words of warning for Kevin Love after the former Minnesota Timberwolves star became the final piece of the Cleveland Cavaliers Big Three:Its going to be very difficult for [Love]. Even if I was in his corner and I was able to tell him what to expect and what to do, it still doesnt make any difference. Its extremely difficult and extremely frustrating. Hes going to have to deal with it.Bosh received criticism for that warning but was validated when Love struggled to grapple with rarely grasping the rock. Its not a natural thing for an All-Star to subsist on the periphery of a championship-level offense.Among Golden States new Big Four, Klay Thompsons name keeps coming up when you pose this question to people around the league and inside the Warriors organization. Hes the one who already mostly plays off the ball. He already largely makes do with whatever shots come his way within the flow of the offense.The emergence of Draymond Green as a facilitator pushed Thompson away from the action, reducing his unassisted opportunities. Thompson received praise for accepting that role when other All-Stars might chafe at being underused. Whats great about Klay Thompson is that hes good with being Klay Thompson.What happens to Thompson when former MVP and four-time scoring champ Kevin Durant is the guy acting as Thompson?Whats interesting in this new superteam construction is how Thompson has initially welcomed -- even lobbied for -- this change. Amusingly, in his Hamptons pitch to Durant, Thompson mentioned how many open shots hed get from Durants presence before sheepishly shifting to how Durant would also benefit from the arrangement. Everyone, including Durant, had a good laugh at the quick pivot to getting back on message.With Durants arrival, Thompson is anticipating a positive trade-off: He will get fewer shots, but those shots will be blissfully unguarded. When asked if hed rather have more shots or get fewer shots that all happened to be wide open, Thompson replied: Definitely open shots, you know? Its one thing to get shots, but its easier to be more efficient when youre getting open looks. So I definitely go with the latter.?At Team USA practice, on the subject of sacrificing his role on the Warriors, Thompson said: I know how good I am in this league. Im not going too judge my performance off numbers or anything.dddddddddddd If we get wins, it really doesnt matter, man. Its all good.On whether he might get less attention for his exploits, Thompson said: I feel like I get enough attention, man, [by] showing people how good I am. [Getting less attention] doesnt matter to me.Thompson has clearly demonstrated that he cares not for attention. Hes the rare NBA player who tries to quickly escape interviews after his biggest scoring performances. As Golden States PR czar Raymond Ridder frequently says of Thompson, If he never did another interview again, hed be happy.Though there are certain trappings of NBA life Thompson enjoys, fame itself rankles. He finds it annoying when, say, TMZ breathlessly covers him leaving a scene with multiple women.One of those girls was my cousin, man, Thompson said before a game in Atlanta, with typical shrugging exasperation.If this new situation further obscures his impact to prying eyes, so much the better. Thompson prefers his universe reduced to some combination of basketball, dog and occasional fun.He might actually mean it when stating the hoary NBA cliché that his primary motivation is, Just to get rings, man.When asked in Vegas of the memories that fuel him, Thompson said, I felt that feeling of winning before and I was so close again. The pain of losing is way worse than that of winning. So I just want to keep winning, man. And were set up hopefully not just for this year but for years after to do it, and thats what really motivates me.That isnt to say that Thompson is averse to leaving a legacy. He just feels hes accomplished enough individually to prioritize collective accomplishments.On when his priorities shifted, Thompson said, It was last year in the Finals. I had a game where I had five points and we still won. No one ever talks about that to me at least. They just talk about how great a year we had. Steve Kerr helped me a lot with that. He said: Klay, it doesnt matter how many points youre going to score. No ones going to remember 20 years down the line what you did in Game 3, 4, 5 unless it was something crazy. But theyll remember that team that brought that Bay Area championship back for the first time in 40 years.On this new venture, Thompson isnt thinking about Bosh, but instead at someone who played the same position.I look at a guy like Manu Ginobili who came off the bench almost his entire career, Thompson said. Never averaged more than 20 points a game, but hes a four-time champion, you know? He could have easily been on another team and averaged 25 a game, but he sacrificed to win, and thats what I expect to do next year. I dont care about averaging 25 or even 20. I just want to finish it out and get back to the Finals and enjoy that ride. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz