Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 38 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

23.07.2019 10:29
speculation about a change of address doesnt seem Antworten

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca! Kerry, what did you think of the hit that Raffi Torres laid out on Jarret Stoll on Tuesday night? I mean, he popped Stoll hard on that hit, but I cant tell if Torres just got his shoulder or in the head. Torres got two for charging, but could there be more from the league? Max Martin, Toronto Max: I must first acknowledge that Raffi Torres has done an excellent job this season in transforming his game in an effort to play within the rules; not unlike the way Matt Cooke did following his lengthy suspension. On this play however, it is my opinion that the angle of approach that Raffi Torres took ahead/to the front of Jarret Stolls center body mass in setting up to make the hit resulted in an illegal check to the head. Raffi Torres was closing in on Jarret Stoll in anticipation of making an open-ice hit but in doing so, Torres makes Stolls head the principle point of contact causing injury. While the circumstance surrounding every play is unique there can be common threads and similarities that exist for the purpose of determining suspensions. As I viewed this play I noticed distinct similarities from the criteria Brendan Shanahan used in his explanation to suspend Eric Gryba for two games. I provide quotes from that decision while inserting player name changes to appropriately reflect this current incident. "As the illegal check to head penalty (rule 48) states: A hit resulting in contact with an opponents head where the head is targeted and the principal point of contact is not permitted. "There appears to be no malicious intent by Torres on the play. Stoll is eligible to be checked on the play and Torres does not extend an elbow or launch into the head of Stoll. However, Torres route is not correct and he does not make enough of a full body check for this hit not to qualify as an illegal check to the head. In attempting this check Torres does not hit squarely enough through the body. Stolls head is the principle point of contact and the subsequent contact to Stolls right shoulder is secondary. "It is important to note that while receiving a pass or carrying a puck anywhere on the ice a hockey player bears some responsibility to be aware of an impending check, however since the inception of the current illegal check to the head penalty, no player should expect that his head will be made the principle point of contact whether intentionally or as it appears on this play, recklessly... "Taking into account the significant contact to the head as well as the fact that Torres does not hit Stoll through the body he does not succeed with his attempt to make a legal check." - In summary, in my opinion this was an illegal check to the head. - Jarrett Stoll was ultimately injured as a result of this hit (Did not return for 3rd period). - Raffi Torres has been suspended during his career. Aside from the seriousness of the injury that Lars Eller sustained and Jarrett Stoll fortunately did not, the common threads used to describe the play and the decision rendered were just too obvious and eloquently stated by Brendan Shanahan for me to ignore. Blank Juventus Jersey . "Four now," Carl Gunnarsson told the Leaf Report proudly following a 5-2 victory over New York on Tuesday night, the clubs fifth straight at home. Miralem Pjanic Juventus Jersey . Louis Cardinals. Victorino is batting sixth and playing right field after missing two games because of back tightness. http://www.juventusfcpro.com/Kids-Emre-Can-Jersey/ . Giroud, who wasnt in the starting lineup for two matches after allegations about his private life and a decline in form, scored twice in the first half. Tomas Rosickys chip made it 3-0 before half time at Emirates Stadium, while defender Laurent Koscielny scored an unmarked header in the second half. Mattia De Sciglio Jersey . By having more great seasons. Manning was the only unanimous choice for the 2013 Associated Press NFL All-Pro team Friday. Giorgio Chiellini Jersey . -- Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Alrdridge were again the go-to duo for the Trail Blazers against the Kings.Offseason speculation about a change of address doesnt seem to have any effect on Thomas Vanek, whose focus is on getting ready for next season in the only NHL jersey hes ever worn. Vanek, who is entering the final season of his seven-year contract with the Buffalo Sabres, has been the subject of several trade rumours over the past few weeks. But last seasons top scorer expects to remain as a member of the team when training camp begins in September. "As of right now, yeah - I havent heard anything differently," he told ABC affiliate KTSP in Minneapolis on Wednesday. "Im preparing myself like Im going back to Buffalo, so thats what Im doing." Vanek, 29, will earn $6.4 million next season with a team cap hit of $7.14 million. He has scored 20-plus goals in each of his last eight seasons. "Im not flattered by (trade speculation) by any means," Vanek continued. "Ive enjoyed my time in Buffalo and Im looking forward to going back. In this business you cant look into that stuff, read the internet or look at the papers too much. IIf something happens, Im sure my agent or the GM in Buffalo will call me and tell me where Im going.dddddddddddd" The Sabres struggled in the lockout-shortened 2012-13 season, finishing last in the Northeast Division and missing the playoffs. In an effort to begin rebuilding, general manager Darcy Regier traded veterans Jason Pominville, Robyn Regehr and Jordan Leopold, prompting speculation that Vanek and even long-time netminder Ryan Miller could be on the block. "Were rebuilding, and Im hoping we have the right pieces to accomplish something," Vanek continued. "Im not saying Im old. At 29, Ive still got many years left. But at the same time, you like to be on a team where you feel like going into camp youre contending. Youre not guaranteed to win a Cup, but right now in Buffalo I think were rebuilding which is not the best case scenario for me. But at the same time, theres a lot of good young players and hopefully we pick the right ones." Files from KTSP in Minneapolis were used for this report. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz