Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 48 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
dasg234 Offline

19.07.2019 16:10
the second to build their 20-point advantage. They outscored t Antworten

BOSTON -- Fans at Fenway Park again chanted, We want A-Rod, and Wednesday night, they got him.Alex Rodriguez appeared in a game for the first time since he and the Yankees announced that this would be his final week on the team. In the seventh inning, representing the go-ahead run, Rodriguez pinch hit for Aaron Hicks against hard-throwing Boston Red Sox right-hander Matt Barnes. Rodriguez was booed heartily the moment he stepped out of the dugout.On a 2-1 pitch, A-Rod flew out to right field on a 98 mph fastball and moved a runner from second base to third with the first out of the inning. It was Rodriguezs first at-bat since Aug. 2. His average dropped to .203.On his way back to the dugout, Red Sox fans gave him the loudest boos of the night. New York won the game?9-4, in part because of a five-run seventh that included Rodriguezs contribution.I told you: In certain situations, Im going to use him, Yankees manager Joe Girardi said.On Sunday, it was announced that A-Rod would play this week in Boston before ending his Yankees career against the Tampa Bay Rays?on Friday in the Bronx. Girardi said Sunday that he would let A-Rod dictate how much he plays in his final week, but Girardi changed his mind and said he was putting winning over sentimentality.Before Wednesdays game, Girardi said it is not in his job description to run a farewell tour, and he apologized for his initial comments about Rodriguezs playing time.My job description is to try and win every game and put everyone in the best possible position, and thats what Im trying to do, he said.?Hicks entered Wednesdays game batting .192.During Derek Jeters farewell tour last season, Girardi consistently batted him second, even though he had the fifth-lowest OPS in the majors in 2014. When the subject was brought up Wednesday, Girardi said he had no better options that season. He added that he should not have said after the Sunday news conference that he would let A-Rod dictate his playing time this week.I got caught up in my emotions, and I apologize for that, OK? Girardi said Wednesday. I made a mistake. Im human. But I told you what I was trying to do. And when I was asked the other questions, Im aware of what my quotes were, that there would be conversations, and I would try to get him in every game. I said that. But what Im saying is I made a mistake. And Im admitting that. And Im admitting that to everyone whos watching because I have a responsibility and Im trying to take care of my responsibility.Girardi said he thinks his relationship with Rodriguez might have been altered because of how he has taken at-bats from him.I think maybe in the long run it wont, but I think in the short term its been difficult, Girardi said. I said it yesterday: When youre the guy thats telling someone no, youre usually the guy people vent their anger at, whether youre the little boy getting your hand slapped by your mom or dad or youre the player like I was that was cut from the [high school] basketball team and told to go practice baseball. I wasnt happy about it.So yeah, its difficult, and thats why I get partially angry here because I believe people are playing both sides of the fence because it creates news. That doesnt help our situation. That doesnt help our clubhouse. It doesnt help our relationship that we built over so many years. Thats what angers me.Asked before Wednesdays game about his relationship with Girardi, Rodriguez said, Im just going to keep it about the game.Rodriguez is scheduled to start Thursday at Fenway and Friday in his last game at Yankee Stadium. A-Rod most recently started a game on July 30. He did not make himself available to speak after the game Wednesday.Lonnie Johnson Womens Jersey . The 27-year-old Scrivens will be joining his third NHL club since signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent in 2010. The move also reunites with him with head coach Dallas Eakins from their time together with the American Hockey Leagues Toronto Marlies. Deshaun Watson Womens Jersey . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. http://www.texansrookiestore.com/Texans-Andre-Johnson-Jersey/ . "Hes going to have hip surgery on Jan. 7, and hell be expected to rehabilitate for four to six months beyond that," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Friday in an interview. Kahale Warring Youth Jersey . Rinne played two periods in his first game since left hip surgery in early May. Gabriel Bourque scored 3:07 into the second period and Austin Watson tallied 5:15 later for Nashville. Andre Johnson Jersey . Cote was eligible to become a free agent Feb. 15. Cote helped running back Jon Cornish run for a league-high 1,813 rushing yards en route to being named the leagues most outstanding player.PHOENIX -- Poise down the stretch has not always been a virtue of the Denver Nuggets.It certainly was Sunday.It seemed that every time Phoenix pulled close, Denvers Wilson Chandler or Jameer Nelson would make a big shot and the Nuggets held on for a 120-114 victory.I am pretty cool all the time. That is just my demeanor, always laid back, Chandler said. I dont really think about it (taking and making a big shot). It is just another shot, if I miss it or if I make it.Chandler scored 25 points and Nelson 21.The fourth quarter we showed a lot of poise down the stretch, Denver coach Michael Malone said. Guys stepped up and made big plays, made big free throws and we also got the ball inbounds, which has been an issue sometimes this year.Denver withstood an impressive second-half scoring onslaught by Suns guards Eric Bledsoe and Devin Booker.Bledsoe led Phoenix with a career-high 35 points, 21 in the second half. Booker added 30, 25 in the last two quarters.Coach Earl Watson benched Marquease Chriss to start the second half after the 19-year-old rookie drew a technical foul from the bench in the first half.Bench Ts put you on the bench in the second half, Watson said. Its a teachable moment, its an accountable moment. But hell learn. He knows I love him. Hell learn.With Alex Len replacing Chriss, the Suns had a big lineup and it worked.The Nuggets led by 20 at the half but Booker and Bledsoe led a rally that cut the lead to three early in the fourth quarter.Denver gained a slightly larger cushion from there before the Suns cut it to four in the final minute but could get no closer.Emmanuel Mudiay added 19 points for the Nuggets.The Nuggets used a 16-point outburst that started late in the first quarter and extended well into the second to build their 20-point advantage. They outscored the Suns 34-15 in the second quarter to lead 53-33 at the break.Bledsoe and Booker brought the Suns almost all the way back.Four consecutive Phoenix 3-pointers -- two by Booker, one by BBledsoe and one by P.ddddddddddddJ. Tucker -- cut the lead to 80-76, and five straight points by Brandon Knight -- a three-point play and two free throws -- sliced the Denver it to 86-83 with 10:49 to play.The Nuggets scored the next eight points, including 3s by Chandler and Jamal Murray, lifted the visitors out of trouble. But Phoenix managed one more threat.Bookers driving layup down the lane cut it to 114-110 with 38.4 to play. The teams traded a pair of free throws to make it 116-112 with 12.4 seconds left before Murray sealed it with two from the line.It is very disappointing, Bledsoe said. At the same time, we came out the second half and played like we are supposed to play.BLEDSOES STREAKBledsoe is on a roll. The Phoenix point guard had his streak of outstanding performances grow to five. Going into the game, he had averaged 23.8 points, 7.3 rebounds, 6.8 assists and 1.5 steals in his previous four games.His previous career high was 34 against Houston on March 21, 2015. Bledsoe has 10 career games scoring at least 30, including a 31-point effort at Portland this season.TIP-INSNuggets: Denver has beaten Phoenix four times in a row. ... Chandler and Nelson were a combined 7 of 13 on 3s, one or the other of them consistently sinking one from long-range when Phoenix crept close. ... Danilo Gallinari missed his third straight game with right thigh soreness.Suns: Booker has 10 career 30-point games, four this season. ... Jared Dudley missed the game with left foot soreness, T.J. Warren due to a mild head injury. ... Bledsoe had a 30-point game against the Nuggets last Nov. 14. ... Phoenix had held three of its previous five opponents under 100 points after allowing 100 or more in its first 12 contests.UP NEXTNuggets: Return home to face Miami on Wednesday night.Suns: Wrap up a three-game home stand against Atlanta on Wednesday night. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz