Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 35 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

05.07.2019 11:02
after the most recent home game.Newton said he doesnt want to be caught up in that or other topics that could be distractions.My Antworten

TORONTO - Experiencing the most difficult month of his pro baseball career, Anthony Gose was stunned to learn hed been recalled by the Blue Jays. "Wouldnt you be?" said Gose. "Definitely surprised. I didnt even know what to think. They called me this morning, told me I was going up. I kept asking them whether it was real. I didnt know what was happening. But its definitely good to be here, something new, fresh start." It was a whirlwind day for the outfielder, who was whisked to a car for the drive from Buffalo to Toronto this morning. He arrived in time to take batting practice. In 40 games with Triple-A Buffalo, Gose was hitting .227. His on-base percentage was a respectable .343. The monthly splits, though, tell a different story. Gose had a strong April; his .373 OBP reflective of his taking 14 walks. May has been a different story; Goses OBP has plummeted to .309 for the month. Numbers aside, Goses struggle has been to control the game going on in his head. "The first month was unbelievable for me," said Gose. "I felt probably as good as I could have. The last three weeks, the last two days have been better for me, starting to get back on track, the early part of the month was rough for me, definitely. Definitely mentally, definitely rough. "That was the first time Id been through something like that," Gose continued. "Id struggled up here, Id struggled early on every year in April and then for me to go out and feel like I had a good month like things were on the up and then to hit a wall, for things to snowball, it kind of took a toll on me mentally." As is often the case when a player goes through a prolonged slump, Gose began receiving advice from more than a few well-meaning supporters. Among them: Bisons manager Marty Brown. Browns message was clear. "I cant say that on camera," said Gose, when asked what Brown said to him. "There was some explicit words. Basically just pull your head and keep going. Just stay positive and keep working. Trust in what youre doing and what youve been doing and turn the page." But it was a surprise visit by Goses father, Steve, which helped to put the young players trials into perspective. "Seeing my Dad was probably the best thing for me," he said. Upon arriving in Toronto on Monday morning, Gose had a brief chat with manager John Gibbons but hadnt yet spoken to general manager Alex Anthopoulos. Right-hander Mickey Storey was optioned to Buffalo to make room for Gose. The Blue Jays had been carrying 13 pitchers Goses role, for the moment, appears to be that of late-game defensive replacement or pinch hitter/pinch runner. Melky Cabrera has been dealing with irritation in both legs, which has affected his range in left field. Gose will help there. The 22-year-old is happy to be back in the big leagues, regardless of how hes used or for how long it will be. "I cant explain how excited I am," said Gose. "Im happier than can be right now." Vans Old Skool Sale . Didier Drogba gave away the penalty that put Senegal one goal away from a major upset, but the veteran striker will get another chance -- probably his last -- at the World Cup after Salomon Kalous injury-time strike sealed the Ivorians place in Brazil next year. Vans Shoes Outlet . The recently retired Stern was elected Friday to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and will be enshrined with the class of 2014 on Aug. http://www.vansshoesclearancesale.com/vans-old-skool-sale.html .Y. -- Leading 3-0 with only 11:25 left, the Colorado Avalanche committed a seemingly meaningless penalty to give the New York Islanders a power play. Vans Old Skool White Sale . Nine days before the opening ceremony, organizing committee chief Dmitry Chernyshenko said Wednesday that Sochi is "fully ready" and will deliver safe, friendly and well-run games that defy the grim reports that have overshadowed preparations. Vans Old Skool Cheap . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Carolina Panthers can draw a degree of inspiration from the Kansas City Chiefs.But how much weight that carries might depend on the result between the teams Sunday afternoon at Bank of America Stadium.The Panthers have won two games in a row since starting the season with only one victory across their first six games. A year ago, the Chiefs were 1-5 before rebounding to make the playoffs.It has been done before, Panthers coach Ron Rivera said, referring to the Chiefs responding from a miserable start.For as much commotion as Carolina quarterback Cam Newton has caused around the NFL the past couple of weeks regarding officiating and a dialogue with commissioner Roger Goodell, the Chiefs have their own quarterback news.Thats because Alex Smith, who missed a game with what was listed as a head/ear injury, will be back in action.I feel like I can go through a normal week, Smith said. Im pumped to get back and get going.Smith missed the victory against Jacksonville, with Nick Foles filling in. But the Chiefs (6-2) count on Smith, and thats part of the reason why coach Andy Reid said he thought it was best that he take a week off after hitting his head hard in a game against the Indianapolis Colts.The Chiefs look comfortable when Smith has been at the controls.He runs their offense very well and he has some pretty good weapons around him, Rivera said.Smith also will have the services of running back Spencer Ware, who has been cleared from the leagues concussion protocol. Wide receiver Jeremy Maclin (groin), however, will not play, joining defensive end Jaye Howard (hip) on the sideline. Linebacker Justin Houston (knee) is unlikely to make his return as well.Having all the available big-play threats is something that the Chiefs figure they might need this week because Carolinas defense.It jumps out on film how strong they are, Smith said. Theyve played a lot of football at a high level.The Panthers (3-5) are coming off victories against Arizona and the Los Angeles Rams (3-5).You could say theyre back on track, Reid said.Still, the Panthers have an uphill climb in the NFC South, but its not something theyre coonsumed with at the moment.ddddddddddddWeve been focusing on one game at a time and that has been our approach and were not going to change that, Rivera said.The past two weeks, Newton said the Panthers have reaped the rewards that come with putting in the work.We knew we were doing the proper things, ons eep our pocket clean for our quarterback, Rivera said.Newton said the Chiefs have a very opportunistic defense and we have to control the line of scrimmage. I think thats one of the challenges of the game.Newton said struggles on offense have popped up frequently, pinning the responsibility on the Panthers.We have to have answers, he said. It doesnt matter what defense

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz