Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 33 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

14.03.2019 06:34
ll movement to make teams pay for Antworten

WACO, Texas -- After posting three straight comebacks to win the Battle 4 Atlantis championship last week in the Bahamas, No. 9 Baylor came home hoping to avoid an emotional letdown.Thanks to a smothering defense, the Bears had nothing to worry about Wednesday night.Reserve King McClure scored 14 points and Baylor remained unbeaten with a 79-45 victory over Sam Houston State.This is one of those games everybody thought would be a trap game, Baylor coach Scott Drew said. Coaches get worried about every game, but I was really concerned from the standpoint that several teams that came back off the islands yesterday Michigan State lost, St. Johns lost, VCU was down 16-0 to Princeton, so youre always worried about that hangover.Baylor shot 46.4 percent from the field, including 13 for 31 from 3-point range. On the other end, Sam Houston State missed its first 13 shots while Baylor opened the game on a 10-0 run. The Bears (7-0) limited the Bearkats to 28.6 percent shooting, blocked 11 shots and altered countless others.McClure struggled early in the season with his shot, but that changed with a 15-point second half against Louisville in the Battle 4 Atlantis championship game.After the Louisville game I feel like I gained my confidence back, McClure said. Once I saw the ball go through the basket one time, I just continued to see it. I just put my head down and continued to grind it out.Al Freeman had 13 points for the Bears, and Ishmail Wainright added 12. Their big front line players, Jo Lual-Acuil and Johnathan Motley, dominated the boards with 14 rebounds apiece.I could sit up here and talk about our team tonight, but that wouldnt be fair to Baylor, Sam Houston State coach Jason Hooten said. I think Coach (Drew) has a really good team. It seems it could be one of the best teams hes ever had because he has a bunch of good kids that like playing together. They share the ball and they seem to play harder defensively than they ever have in the past.Sam Houston State (4-3) came in averaging 81.7 points per game, but never got into a rhythm. Aurimas Majauskas led the Bearkats with 13 points.Im totally disappointed in our team, Hooten said. Were way better than that. Were picked to win our league, and I know weve played a brutal schedule but we just werent very good tonight.BIG PICTURESam Houston State: There werent many positives to take from this game. The Bearkats were selected as the Southland Conference favorite in the preseason, thanks to an experienced roster. But they were overwhelmed by Baylors size on the inside and shooting on the perimeter.Baylor: This had every opportunity to be a sandwich game for the Bears. They defeated two ranked teams in No. 24 Michigan State and No. 10 Louisville to win the Battle 4 Atlantis last week and will host No. 7 Xavier on Saturday. They avoided that trap with a defense that contested nearly every shot without fouling. Sam Houston State had one free throw attempt.UP NEXTSam Houston State returns home for four of its next five games, starting with LSU-Shreveport on Saturday. The Bearkats have one more road test against a Power Five team before opening conference play. That comes Dec. 22 against Arkansas.Baylor has knocked off three ranked teams and gets another shot Saturday, when it welcomes No. 7 Xavier. That figures to be the last difficult hurdle between the Bears and an undefeated nonconference run.POLL IMPLICATIONSBaylor has had a meteoric rise from not receiving a vote in the preseason to No. 9 this week. With losses from teams in front of the Bears already, combined with hosting No. 7 Xavier on Saturday, they have a chance to move even higher in the Top Ten.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25. Buy Vapormax Australia .com) - The Montreal Canadiens embark on their first road trip of the season as they head out west to battle the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night. Wholesale Nike Vapormax . Ibaka equaled a career high with 20 rebounds, adding four blocked shots and 15 points as the Thunder smothered the Milwaukee Bucks offence in a 92-79 victory Saturday night. http://www.australiavapormaxcheap.com/ . -- Lou Brocks shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Bill Freehan during the 1968 World Series and Pete Roses bruising hit on Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game could become relics of baseball history, like the dead-ball era. Nike Vapormax Australia . -- When the Florida Panthers fell behind by two goals in the first period to the top team in the NHL, it appeared they were on their way to yet another loss. Vapormax Shoes Cheap .C. -- Charlotte Bobcats coach Steve Clifford said after all of these years in the NBA hes still amazed at some of the things LeBron James does. WASHINGTON -- For the new-look Miami Heat, a high-scoring victory over the Washington Wizards proved winning is possible on a bad defensive night.Goran Dragic scored 22 points, Hassan Whiteside added 18 and 18 rebounds and the Heat beat the Wizards 114-111 despite some rough moments on the defensive end.James Johnson had 17 points off the bench for Miami, which both scored and allowed its most points all season to register its first back-to-back wins.Its a huge game for us, said Dragic, whose team entered Saturday ranked third in the league in average points allowed. Were not a team that runs a whole lot. ... But we just need to grind. And we did that tonight.Miami got its first road victory since its season opener despite 34 points each from Washingtons John Wall and Bradley Beal, both good for season highs.Dion Waiters scored 16 points for Miami, and Josh Richardson hit four 3-pointers among his 15 points as Miami went 13 for 27 (48.1 percent) from beyond the arc. In all, six Heat players scored in double figures.We try to get to the paint and attack, Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. But teams have been really loading up on that, and so were trying to develop some more trust, some more ball movement to make teams pay for that.Miami shot 57.7 percent from the floor, almost 16 full points above its season average entering Saturday.They had some guys that usually dont make shots that made shots because they were basically workout shots -- there was nobody there to contest them, Wall said. I think we came out with intensity. I just think our one-on-one defense was terrible.Behind Wall and Beal, center Marcin Gortat scored 10 points and grabbed 16 rebounds. But no other Wizards hit double figures on a night Washington lost starting forward Markieff Morris to a sprained right ankle in the second quarter.Aftter Dragics jumper gave Miami a 60-59 lead to end the first half, the Heat opened the third quarter on a 10-4 run, stretching their lead to 70-63 on Whitesides bank shot.ddddddddddddLater in the third, Miami built its lead to 13 after a 12-4 stretch. Dragic drove inside for the last four points, his latter layup making it 89-76 with 2:41 left in the quarter.Man, the first half, nobody played defense, Dragic said. But we figured it out. The third quarter was good for us.Washington trailed by as many as 17 in the fourth, before closing the game on a 10-1 run. That was a little deceiving, with Walls second 3-pointer in that stretch coming with 0.9 seconds left.TIP-INSHeat: Improved to 3-0 when scoring 100 or more points ... Waiters started after testing a minor groin injury in pregame warm-ups ... F Willie Reed left early in the second quarter with a hyperextended right knee.Wizards: Sank to 1-8 when opponents score 100 or more points, and 3-5 in games when both Wall and Beal start. ... C Ian Mahinmi (knee surgery) will participate in his first practice of the season Sunday. ... Morris said he expects to practice Sunday.BOARDS IN BUNCHESWhiteside extended his season-opening, double-digit rebound streak to 12 games despite waiting until 3:34 left in the second quarter to pick up his first. By halftime, he had six.Hes a monster, Dragic said.A SECOND HOMEWith the victory, Miami is now 24-14 all-time at the Verizon Center. Its .632 winning percentage here is its highest at an opponents building where it has played at least 15 games.UP NEXTHeat: Open a four-game season series against the 76ers in Philadelphia on Monday.Wizards: Close a three-game homestand against Phoenix on Monday. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz