Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 38 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

29.06.2019 10:21
first home game when they host Trinity Baptist at Antworten

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Just two weeks into his NBA career, Orlando Magic rookie center Stephen Zimmerman isnt quite sure how he will fit in with his new team.What the 19-year-old, who was taken by the Magic in the second round of last months draft, knows is he is willing to do whatever is required while sitting behind the veteran lineup of big men that now includes Nikola Vucevic and recent acquisitions Serge Ibaka and Bismack Biyombo. It will be a lot more watching and learning early on.I know that they have a lot of good big guys coming in and right now I basically have to play my role being the young guy and learn from the older guys and going out there every day in practice and getting better, said Zimmerman, who spent just one season at UNLV.Obviously me being a basketball player and a competitor I want to play as much as I can, but I know I have to wait my turn and whenever Coach decides to put me in and let me go I have to show what Ive got.Such is the existence of a second rounder where little is guaranteed but with some tenacity, luck and willingness to play your role you can become a valuable and inexpensive asset.The 6-foot-11 Zimmerman is one of many looking to beat the odds to become the next Draymond Green or Paul Millsap, a second-round gem.In addition to Zimmerman, potential impact second-round picks from this years group include Phoenix Suns point guard Tyler Ulis, Los Angeles Clippers forward Cheick Diallo and Detroit Pistons small forward Michael Gbinije.I think its going well, Zimmerman said following the second game during the Orlando NBA Summer League. A lot of people have been saying how big of a difference it is and obviously it is real physical and fast paced, but I dont think Im lacking anything so its been good.New York Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek, a second-round pick of the Phoenix Suns out of Iowa State in 1986, doesnt believe the perception of what a second-rounder can bring to an NBA team has changed much over the years.I think the second round has always been the same, thats a guy that has a chance to make the team, but has to show a team what kind of role you can play for them, said Hornacek, who enjoyed a 14-year NBA career as a shooting guard, primarily with the Utah Jazz and Suns.Its always an uphill battle for second-rounders, but there are a lot of great ones that have made it.But longtime Houston Rockets scout BJ Johnson believes the number of second-rounders who will make an impact will continue to increase in the current climate.They are usually upper classmen who are more mature and seasoned than their first-round counterparts who are most often drafted on potential more so than for their body of work.The first-round guys dont always hit right away, but they are talented but may have other issues, Johnson said. Usually the second-round guys are more mature, so if you do your homework you can get young good players. When they come in their focus is different and to me that is the biggest difference.Johnson said it also comes down to landing in the right situation. Green, for instance, was drafted by a team that uses a lot of motion and allows him to get the ball in a lot of different areas as a power forward. There were questions about if Green had the size to play a post position coming out of Michigan State in 2012.He is now an NBA All-Star and a critical part of the Warriors.Draymond could have gone somewhere else and wouldnt be Draymond, Johnson said. He could have gone somewhere where he is playing behind a slow team. What if Draymond had went to San Antonio? He wouldnt be shooting threes and running around. He fits that team.Then Draymond is one of those guys who have the ingredients to get better because he is tough and he plays both ends.Plus he is a senior and he has been through the wars so he is seasoned. A lot of those first round guys are 18 or 19 years old. Boomer Esiason Jersey . The Swede became the first golfer to win the PGA Tours FedEx Cup and European Tours Race to Dubai in the same season. "It is still taking a little time to sink in what Ive achieved this week as was the case when I won the FedEx Cup but then it just kept getting better and better as the days went on and I am sure this will be the same," he said. Randy Bullock Jersey . During the athletes parade, the 23-strong Ukrainian team was represented by a lone flagbearer in an apparent protest at the presence of Russian troops in Ukraines Crimean peninsula. http://www.cheapbengalsjerseyselite.com/?tag=cheap-andrew-billings-jersey . Denis Coderre, the former federal MP who was elected mayor on Nov. 3, has drawn the ire of some Montreal Canadiens. During last nights game he tweeted: "Hello? Can we get a one-way ticket to (minor-league) Hamilton for David Desharnais please. Josh Malone Jersey . The Croatian served 21 aces and hit 42 winners against Sijsling, who double-faulted to give Cilic a 4-3 lead in the deciding set. "All the players, they know me and they were really happy to see me and they were really happy that this is over for me," Cilic said. Trayveon Williams Jersey . Pert has formerly spent time as an assistant coach with Cardiff City, Coventry City, and Bahrain mens national team. "Martyn is a highly-respected coach with experience at the top levels in England," said Whitecaps FC head coach Carl Robinson. ATHENS, Ga. -- Yante Maten and J.J. Frazier combined for 55 points and Georgia beat Furman 84-78 on Thursday.Frazier scored 28 points -- 15 in the second half -- and Maten added 27 as Georgia improved to 2-1 and dropped Furman to 1-2.The Bulldogs used their height advantage to outrebound Furman 30-23 and led for some 38 minutes of the game.Trailing 36-31 at halftime, Furman rallied with a 14-3 run early in the second half and led 48-47, and then briefly led again at the 8:07 mark after a made free throw by Kris Acox.From that point, Georgia outscored the Paladins 29-22 to earn the victory.Juwan Parker and Mike Edwards scored eight points each and the Bulldogs shot 53 percent (28 of 53) from the field and 28 percent from beyond the arc, led by Frazier, who was 4 of 9 on 3-point attempts.Theres been some concern at Georgia about who other than Frazier and Maten will provide points, but Bulldogs coach Mark Fox was pleased with those who added to the score.We had a lot of guys chip in -- our two big guns (Maten and Frazier) showed up like they should -- but we had a lot of other guys chip in, which was good to see, Fox said.Parker, who was 3 of 8 from the field and grabbed five rebounds, said Foxs shuffling of the rotations means anyone could help Frazier and Maten with point production.You have to be ready for the moment of truth, especially early in the season, said Parker, who hit a bank shot and a baseline jumper around the four-minute mark to put Georgia up 66-59. Thats when a bunch of different guys are going to be stepping up in different moments and different games, so you just have to keep your confidence because any night could be your night.Acox scored 17 points for Furman and Daniel Fowler added 16 before leaving the game late with an injury. Devin Sibley, the Paladins leading point producer, added 14 points on 4-of-12 shooting.Furman, which had five players score in double-figures in its 84-74 victory over UAB on Monday, was not as potent on offense or defense against Georgia.Youve got to give Georgia credit, coach Niko Medved said. I didnt think we were as connected defensively as we needed to be early. Frazier is a great player, I know that, but I thought that when you let a player like that get a rhythm early in the game. Once he got going, those guys were difficult to defend.THE TAKEAWAYGeorgia: Georgia improves too 2-1 after a season-opening loss to Clemson and two victories on its home floor.ddddddddddddFurman: The Paladins shot 50 percent from the field, 48 percent from beyond the arc and had four players score in double figures, but they couldnt withstand Georgias run at the end.UP NEXTGeorgia: After two games at home, Georgia takes its first significant road trip of the season, traveling to Kansas Citys Sprint Center for the final rounds of the CBE Hall of Fame Classic. The Bulldogs will open against George Washington -- the 2016 NIT champions -- on Monday and will play either No. 7 Kansas or UAB on Tuesday.Furman: The Paladins will play their first home game when they host Trinity Baptist at 4 p.m. on Saturday, the first of a three-game homestand that will also see Furman face UNC-Asheville (7 p.m. Tuesday), and Hiawassee (7 p.m., Nov. 25).TURNING POINTWhen Furman took the lead at the 7:13 point in the second half, Georgias Derek Ogbeide got a big putback to enable the Bulldogs to retake the lead and a slam by Mike Edwards at 6:54 put his team up 59-58; Georgia outscored Furman 25-20 the rest of the way.LUCKY 13Yante Matens 27 points marked the 13th time in his career that hes scored at least 20 points in a game. Hes scored in double figures 38 times at Georgia.QUOTABLEI thought as a team we made a step forward and it was another step in the right direction. There were some plays we that needed to be made that we didnt make towards the end of the game and (coach Mark Fox) will correct that in film. Other than the end of the game, I thought we managed the game very well. Georgias Yante Maten.HALL-WORTHYOn Friday, Georgia legends Hugh Durham and Dominique Wilkins will be inducted as part of the Class of 2016 for the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame. Wilkins has already been inducted in the Naismith Hall of esale Baseball Jerseys[/url] ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz