Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 33 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

29.06.2019 10:21
ome on the Olympic team, were on two strikes, Antworten

Announcing her retirement, Australian cycling great Anna Meares has revealed she needed six cortisone injections through her spine to compete at the Rio Olympics.The 33-year-old Meares said on Sunday she had decided to end her stellar career, highlighted by two gold medals from four Olympic campaigns and 11 world championship titles.Obviously a lot of people will be wondering where I am going to post-Rio. With some time in reflection I have decided that I am actually going to retire, Meares told the Nine Network.The reason I took some time to myself after Rio ... I wanted to remove myself from that environment and get over some of the emotions attached with the Olympic Games.Meares admitted there had been a temptation to go on and finish her career on home soil at the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games but the wear and tear of a punishing sport had taken its toll.Having looked back and seen all the things that I have achieved and assessed some of the injuries that I have had to manage going into Rio, Meares said.Most people were unaware just to get to Rio I had six cortisone injections through my spine.Her decision comes after she won bronze in the keirin at the Rio Games, her sixth Olympic medal making her the most decorated Australian cyclist in Games history.Having had to change tack for six months leading into it and to achieve the things I have, I feel satisfied and happy to step aside from the sport and try something new and different, she said. Diontae Johnson Jersey . Capitals head coach Adam Oates said Ovechkin was injured in the first period against the Vancouver Canucks on Monday and clarified it was not a head injury. Mike Hilton Jersey . The head of USA Boxing came out swinging Tuesday with an open letter to Tyson -- a former Olympic hopeful himself -- that accuses the former heavyweight champion of trying to poach fighters who might be candidates for the U. http://www.cheapsteelersjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-p-j-locke-jersey . But Bourque, who has missed three games with a lower-body injury, wont be in the lineup when the Habs travel to Buffalo to take on the Sabres on Wednesday. James Washington Jersey . Thats not a comment on the suspension that banished the Portland Winterhawks general manager and coach from his Western Hockey League teams bench for most of the 2012-13 season. Donte Moncrief Jersey . The move comes after the Canadiens were approached by the Buffalo Sabres for permission to speak to Dudley - a former Sabres player and head coach. "The Sabres called for permission and I appreciate that, Im flattered, Dudley told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Chris Froome knows all about missed out-of-competition drugs tests and the whereabouts rule and, while he was keen not to get dragged into the Lizzie Armitstead furore before the Olympic Games, he did issue a stark warning to his fellow competitors.The British Tour de France winner has made two such mistakes in his own career and cannot help but be aware of the reputational damage any sort of drugs-related suspicion brings, with or without foundation.Armitstead said on Tuesday that there will be people who will always have doubts about her performances after her missed tests. Froome, at the peak of his career, appeared keen to avoid any risk of being associated with the latest controversy to hit cycling.Ive missed two [out-of-competition tests], I think, in my whole career, Froome said. I spoke last year extensively about it and Ive got nothing more to add on that.Every case is different and I dont know what Lizzies personal circumstances were around those tests. The rules are there and the authorities have all the info to make the right decisions.Everyone wants to see a clean Games and we hope the authorities have made the right decision now. The system is very comprehensive. You have to give your whereabouts every day of your life for testers and thats there for a clean sport.Froome was frustrated last year by the out-of-competition system and appealed to have a missed test struck from his record; he had taken his wife to a hotel in Italy and claimed staff there denied testers access to them, as guests, at 7 a.m.His other missed test was in 2010 and he is far from the only high-profile athlete to have erred. Christine Ohuruogu, who is on the British track team for Rio, was the last from the country to be banned, ggetting a one-year suspension in 2006 for three missed out-of-competition tests.ddddddddddddA report in?The Times on Wednesday claimed six British athletes, including some on the Olympic team, were on two strikes, or one missed out-of-competition test away from a ban,?although none were named.Froome has previously described failing to comply with the World Anti-Doping Agencys whereabouts rule as unprofessional and, on Tuesday evening, he admitted that the situation must be difficult for Armitstead.What were about to do now, especially me with the road race and time trial, I am completely focused on that, he added at a media event at the British House in Rio. You have to be here with the mindset completely fixed on that. Whatever else on the sidelines is all just periphery.British cycling was bathed in glory at the London Olympics four years ago and there are great expectations that the road-race team will produce a wi

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz