Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 49 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

28.06.2019 09:43
t, Myers hit a high fly to centre. B Antworten

NEW YORK -- Louisville?quarterback Lamar Jackson entered this season as a relative unknown, with more than one hurdle to clear. Hell exit it with the Heisman Trophy.Jackson capped his remarkable rise with the first Heisman Trophy in school history, having wowed enough voters -- despite losses in his final two games -- with 51 total touchdowns and 4,928 total yards.What Jackson accomplished in 2016 goes down as the greatest season ever at Louisville, a school where Hall of Famer Johnny Unitas starred in the 1950s.To be able to stand up here with all the former winners, Im extremely proud to represent this class and Louisville as their first Heisman Trophy winner, said Jackson, who wore a Louisville-red velvet blazer with shiny black lapels. For my teammates, its an award for all of us. I cant wait to cherish it with all of you.Jackson won the award with 2,144 points;?Deshaun Watson finished second with 1,524. Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield (361 points), Sooners running back Dede Westbrook (209) and Michigan?all-around star Jabrill Peppers (208) placed third through fifth, respectively. Jackson received 79.5 percent of possible points received, the fifth-highest total in the past 50 seasons of Heisman voting, while the gap between Watson and Mayfield was the largest in the past 70 years.Jackson became the youngest player to win the Heisman at 19 years, 337 days -- just five days younger than 2013 winner Jameis Winston -- and he is just the fourth sophomore to take home the trophy. He joins Johnny Manziel (2012) as the only Heisman winners to throw for 3,000 yards and rush for 1,000 yards in a season. Quarterbacks have won the Heisman Trophy in 14 of the past 16 years.When he heard his name called, Jackson said his heart started racing.Man, I almost cried, he said. To hear my name called with all those great players, I was overwhelmed.Jackson had a speech prepared, but he stopped at various points to say, This is crazy. He got through the written portions while also improvising, saying his speech started coming from the heart.To be the first person from Louisville to win it, its an honor, he said. Im humbled.His coach, Bobby Petrino, said after the ceremony that he was very nervous for his quarterback.I had no idea how the vote was going to come out, Petrino said. I want you to know how proud I am of Lamar. Hes a young man that prepared extremely hard, went out on the field and played as hard as he possibly could and did a great job being a leader for this football team.Jackson credited his mother, Felicia Jones, and said the trophy will go anywhere she decides to put it. Jones raised Jackson as a single mom and would put on football pads to help her son work on his game when he was a kid.Everything I do is for my mother, Jackson said Saturday.Jackson was the best offensive player in college football this season. Among quarterbacks, he ran for an FBS-best 1,538 yards, rushed for 21 touchdowns (second in FBS), had 4,928 yards of total offense (second) and posted a Total QBR of 86.6 (third).He is the first Heisman winner to play on a team that lost its final two games of the regular season since Tim Brown of Notre Dame in 1987. He is the first to enter the postseason without a chance to win the national title since Manziel of Texas A&M in 2012. Brown, Manziel and past Heisman recipients attended the ceremony Saturday night.For Clemsons Watson, his season began with favorable Heisman odds. He also was the overwhelming preseason media choice to repeat as ACC Player of the Year.But opinions quickly changed after Jackson accounted for eight touchdowns in three quarters against Charlotte?in the season opener. Then he totaled more than 600 total yards and five touchdowns in a 62-28 win over Syracuse, including the Lamar Leap over a defender that will forever be part of his highlight reel.Those two games were against overmatched opponents, though. Then-No. 2 Florida State?came next, and Jackson dismantled the Seminoles with ease. He recorded 362 yards and five total touchdowns in three quarters in a 63-20 victory that sent a clear message: Jackson had to be considered the Heisman favorite.How could he not be after producing 18 touchdowns in three weeks? The yards and touchdowns kept piling up, including a whopping performance against then-No. 5 Clemson; Jackson compiled 457 yards and three touchdowns in a last-second, 42-36 loss.Jacksons stat line against the two toughest teams on his schedule: 511 yards passing, 308 yards rushing, eight touchdowns and two interceptions.His season did not end as prolifically as it began, with consecutive losses to Houston?and Kentucky?that some thought might curtail his Heisman chances. Still, Jackson won ACC Player of the Year honors from the media and coaches, and he took home the Walter Camp Player of the Year and Maxwell Award.?Jackson is the third player in FBS history -- joining Cam Newton and Tim Tebow -- with 30 passing touchdowns and 20 rushing touchdowns in a season. He set ACC and school records for touchdowns responsible (51) in a season and yards in a single game (610, vs. Syracuse), plus school records for most single-season rushing yards (1,538) and most touchdowns in a single game (eight), and he became the first quarterback in school history with a 1,000-yard rushing season.After finishing third in the balloting in 2015, Watson became the 11th player with multiple top-three finishes without a Heisman win and is the first to do so since?Andrew Luck?during the 2010-11 seasons.It is only the seventh time in Heisman history -- and first since 2008 (Oklahomas Sam Bradford and Texas Colt McCoy) -- that the winner and runner-up hailed from the same conference.Before the ceremony began, Jackson was asked whether he ever dreamed about winning the Heisman.I thought about it a lot growing up, playing the NCAA video games, Jackson said. I was like, Man, it would be great to go to college and win that award. So just to be sitting here right now and having my name talked about, its crazy. Matt Pryor Jersey . Pedro scored from a pass by Lionel Messi in the 33rd minute and added two more goals in the 47th and 72nd after Valdes saved his second penalty in four days following his stop in Wednesdays 4-0 over Ajax in the Champions League. Sidney Jones Jersey . -- Peyton Manning will have all of his wide receivers available for the first time in a month when the Denver Broncos begin their playoff run Jan. http://www.cheapeaglesjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-jason-kelce-jersey . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. Bruce Hector Jersey . The head of USA Boxing came out swinging Tuesday with an open letter to Tyson -- a former Olympic hopeful himself -- that accuses the former heavyweight champion of trying to poach fighters who might be candidates for the U. Paul Worrilow Jersey . John Lucas, signed as a mentor for rookie Trey Burke, showed he can score if required, scoring 12 points of his 16 points in the second quarter as Utah built an 18-point lead. NEW YORK -- Vernon Wells glanced at the scoreboard and noted that the fastball hed seen well clocked in at 96 mph. Big slump or not, Wells felt good about his pinch-hit at-bat with the Yankees trailing Tampa Bay in the seventh inning Saturday. So with a confident swing, he smashed a three-run, go-ahead double that carried New York to a 7-5 win over the Rays. Wells was in a 9-for-87 slide that landed him on the bench the past two days, with rookie outfielder Zoilo Almonte starting in his place. But with the Yankees down 5-4, Wells batted for No. 9 hitter Chris Stewart with the bases loaded and two outs. "Through his struggles, I think his at-bats against lefties were still pretty good," manager Joe Girardi said. "We just liked the matchup. Verns been doing it for a long time in big spots." Wells drive to right-centre bounced above the top of the wall, where it hit a fans glove and was ruled fan interference. The umpires allowed all three runners to cross home plate, determining David Adams would have scored from first base if not for the fan interference. They sent Wells back to second, but the Yankees suddenly had a 7-5 lead. Rays manager Joe Maddon argued that it should have been called a ground-rule double, with only two runs scoring. "It was good to hit a ball and it not land in somebodys glove," Wells said. "And it came at a great time." Tampa Bay led 5-3 after top prospect Wil Myers hit a grand slam for his first career home run in the sixth. Wells first extra-base hit since May 31 got CC Sabathia (8-5) off the hook after he allowed five runs in seven innings. "Its frustrating," Sabathia said. "Im happy these guys came back and were able to overcome that." Mariano Rivera worked a scoreless ninth for his 26th save. Meanwhile, Almonte kept up his hot hitting, starting in Wells place in left field. On Friday night, he went 3 for 4 with a home run. He was 1 for 2 with two walks and three RBIs on Saturday. "Its not easy at all, but Im trying my best," Almonte said through a translator. "I feel like Im seeing the ball really well and I just hope it continues." David Robertson came on after the Yankees took the lead and pitched a perfect eighth with two strikeouts. Joel Peralta (1-4) took over for the Rays in the seventh and immediately got in trouble. He loaded the bases with one out on two walks and Lyle Overbays double, and was pulled for lefty Jake McGee. McGee struck out Jayson Nix for the second out but walked Adams to force in a run, the second time the Yannkees scored on a bases-loaded walk.dddddddddddd Adams had never drawn a walk in 86 career plate appearances before Saturday; he had two in the game. Wells then batted for Stewart, who was 0 for 3 with a double play to end a second-inning threat. As bad as his numbers looked, Wells insisted he had felt OK at the plate. The time off gave him the chance to work on his swing in the batting cage. "I never lose confidence," he said. "As soon as you lose confidence, youre done." The Rays trailed 3-1 when the Yankees intentionally walked Evan Longoria with two outs to get to Myers. The rookie came in hitting .190 in five games since he was called up from the minors at the beginning of the week. Hed had exactly one hit in four straight games before going 3 for 4 on Saturday in his first start as a designated hitter. Longoria was 2 for 2 with a double and a solo homer that accounted for the Rays lone run when the Yankees intentionally walked him. On a 1-2 count, Myers hit a high fly to centre. Brett Gardner jumped at the fence and the ball bounced off the webbing of his glove and into the stands, though it appeared to already be over the wall when he touched it. "It was just awesome to be down two strikes and the crowd cheering and to be able to put a swing like that on it," Myers said. "Just a cool experience." Rays rookie starter Alex Colome is yet to allow an earned run over 10 innings in two career starts. He gave up three unearned runs, five hits and five walks with three strikeouts in 4 1-3 innings. The Rays handed out a season-worst nine walks. "Walks really kicked our butt today," Maddon said. With two outs in the third, Almonte singled on a two-strike count to drive in two runs and give the Yankees a 2-1 lead. He walked with the bases loaded in the fifth. NOTES: Myers became the first visiting player to hit a grand slam at Yankee Stadium for his first career home run since Detroits Ricky Peters in 1980. Myers is the second player in club history with a grand slam for that first homer. Jorge Velandia did it in 2007, also against the Yankees. ... Rays LHP Alex Torres allowed no hits and struck out three in 1 2-3

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz