Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 45 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
dasg234 Offline

18.06.2019 14:44
another sterling display at the Mini Lo Antworten

ARLINGTON, Texas -- When Bob Melvin went to the mound in the fifth inning, he wasnt going to take Sonny Gray out of the game. The Oakland Athletics manager had a reminder with a pep talk.Youve got to remind him who Sonny Gray is, Melvin said. Sonny Gray is one of the best pitchers in the American League.Gray, an All-Star last season but with a 5.49 ERA before Tuesday night, overcame that one volatile inning and had a season-high eight strikeouts as the As beat the AL West-leading Texas Rangers 6-3.The only hits Gray (5-9) allowed came to five consecutive batters to start the Rangers fifth, including deep opposite-field homers by Joey Gallo and Mitch Moreland. Gray had retired 12 of the first 13 batters before that and struck out the last two batters he faced to finish the sixth.The first four innings and even the sixth inning, thats the pitcher that I want to be and the pitcher that Ive been my whole career, not only in the big leagues, but my whole life, Gray said. I dont know what its been this year. I cant explain just the one inning.Josh Reddick drove in three runs for the As, who won for the fourth time in five games. Reddicks two-run homer in the fourth was one of three homers by the As. Coco Crisp and Marcus Semien also went deep.Gray, who has won all six of his career starts at Texas, struck out all three batters in the first and had five Ks through two innings.In the third, he had a nifty defensive play, bouncing off the mound toward the third-base line to field a high chopper. He made a backhanded catch and then an off-balance throw falling toward the line to get Robinson Chirinos out at first.He pitched great, and he got through a tough spot, which he wasnt able to do against them the one time at home, Melvin said. Hes working through some things in a difficult year for him, and he got through it tonight. He got us through six innings, and he pitched great.Crisp led off the fourth with his eighth homer of the season, and Reddick homered after Jed Lowries single. Semiens 21st homer started the fifth off Nick Martinez (1-3) before Reddick added a run-scoring single for a 5-0 lead.The no-hit bid for Gray ended when Rougned Odor singled on the first pitch of the fifth, though he was easily thrown out trying to stretch a routine single to right into a double.Gallo then homered, a 448-foot opposite-field blast over the As bullpen in left-center. Ryan Rua singled before Moreland also went the opposite way over that bullpen, a 423-foot homer.Martinez gave up five runs and six hits while pitching into the fifth after being recalled to start in place of Kyle Lohse, the 37-year-old right-hander designated for assignment with a 12.54 ERA after losing both of his Texas starts.Three solid innings, two challenging innings, manager Jeff Banister said. We liked what we saw the first three innings.BIG PROSPECTWith Prince Fielder expected to have season-ending neck surgery, the Rangers recalled Gallo to give them a left-hander with potential power. Gallo hit six homers in 36 games last season in his MLB debut, but had just one at-bat this year for the Rangers before Tuesday night.SHORT HOPSThe start of the game was delayed 62 minutes because of rain. ... Gray has allowed 17 homers, matching his career high set last season. The right-hander had been 1-8 with a 6.45 ERA his previous 14 starts. ... Oakland C Stephen Vogt returned after missing three games while on family medical leave.TRAINERS ROOMAthletics: LHP Rich Hill, who hasnt started since July 17 because of a persistent blister, hopes to return Sunday. He threw a bullpen session with tape over the blister Tuesday after playing catch with it uncovered.Rangers: SS Elvis Andrus was out of the lineup for the second time in a nine-day stretch that also included an off day for the team. Banister said Andrus was a little banged up but would play Wednesday.UP NEXTAthletics: Lefty Sean Manaea (3-5, 4.61 ERA) has allowed only two runs in 20 innings his last three starts -- and the As have scored only once while he was pitching in that span.Rangers: Yu Darvish (2-2, 3.12) is winless in his two starts since returning from the disabled list, but the Rangers have scored only two runs total for him in those games. The right-hander struck out 11 in six innings at Kansas City last Friday.Cheap Cowboys Jerseys . - After leading the Saints to a fourth playoff appearance in five seasons, Drew Brees expressed confidence in the direction of his team and, perhaps more importantly, showed a willingness to listen to contract proposals if the team needs his help getting under the NFLs salary cap. Cheap Custom Cowboys Jersey . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. http://www.customcowboysjersey.com/ . The CFLs leading rusher kept adding to his gaudy numbers this season and scored the winning touchdown with just over two minutes to play. The New Westminster, B.C., native plowed three yards into the end zone for the last score of a heated, see-saw battle between the two teams with the best records in the CFL. Custom Cowboys Jerseys . Defenceman Yannick Weber scored the go-ahead goal early in the third period and the Canucks breathed a sigh of relief with a 2-1 win on Saturday night. Custom Cowboys Jersey China . Having already announced that the race will start May 9 with three stages in Northern Ireland and Ireland and finish in Trieste on June 1, the rest of the route was unveiled Monday.Record-breaking teenage athlete Sabrina Sinha is determined to force her way into medal contention at the European Athletic Youth Championships later this summer.The multi-talented Greenwich athlete, who turned 17 in April, has excelled over distances ranging from 800m to 3000m on the track, as well as cross-country races up to six kilometres.The south-east Londoner broke her 1500m personal best twice in the space of seven days at the end of last month and hopes to build on that momentum at the European Youths in the Georgian capital of Tblisi in July. Ive still got such a long way to go who knows what the future can hold, Sinha told Sky Sports.Im not even allowed to run the distances Id be able to at senior level but Im enjoying it at the moment and Im looking forward to a good junior season and then slowly making the transition to senior level.Im aiming to go to the Europeans this season and make a final but what I really want is a medal. I went to the World Youths [in Colombia] last year and based on my performances there I think I have a good chance. Sinha was recognised by Prince Harry when he presented her with medal after Mini London marathon Sinha produced another sterling display at the Mini London Marathon at the end of April as she won her age category race for an unprecedented sixth time in a row.Ive won it every year so as you can imagine I absolutely love it, she said.Running the last three miles of the actual London Marathon circuit just as the crowds are starting to get there is so inspiring. And being a Londoner from Greenwich I always get lots of people cheering me on even if they dont necessarily know who I am, which is nice.Meeting Prince Harry after winning is probably the best bit as hes given me my medal three times now. He even recognised me last time and said I know you, youve been here before the last two or three times. Duchess of Cambridge (r) has been SportsAids patron since 2013 Sinha joined former Olympic champions Denise Lewis, Linford Christie and Allan Wells at a gala screening of the Jesse Owens biopic Race - released in the UK this Friday to coincide with the 80th anniversary of Owens historic triple gold medal haul at the 1936 Berlin Olympics.ddddddddddddThe 17-year-old was invited to the screening - also attended by Owens daughters Marlene and Beverly - by the films charity partner SportsAid, who provide funding and support to the next generation of British athletes across more than sixty different sports.SportsAid have been phenomenal and the financial support has been a real help, allowing me to travel and purchase two sets of kit because I wear different spikes for track and cross-country, Sinha said. Sinha poses with Jesse Owens daughters Marlene and Beverly at gala screening of Race But it feels amazing to be invited to the premiere of Race. I have been following it since I knew it was being made because Jesse Owens is my ultimate idol and has been since I was a little girl.I did a project on him when I was younger and always felt like I could relate to his story. Jesse overcame so much discrimination and showed us what sport can be about and how it can inspire others.SportsAid is the official charity partner of the movie RACE (in Cinemas June 3) in the UK. Race is based on the incredible true story of Jesse Owenss quest to become the greatest track and field athlete in the face of adversity. Altitude Film Distribution and SportsAid are working together to raise funds and awareness to support the next generation of British sports heroes.Also See:SportsWomenLatest Show NewsLatest NewsSportsWomen Video ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz