Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 38 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
dasg234 Offline

15.06.2019 12:35
y after they clinched the AL Central D Antworten

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A veteran team that sees the big picture, the Los Angeles Clippers were a bit subdued following their latest victory.Blake Griffin had 29 points, seven rebounds and six assists as the Clippers built a large lead and then held off the Sacramento Kings 121-115 on Friday night.The Clippers (11-2) have won eight of nine and own the NBAs best record. They led by 26 points in the opening half and are unbeaten in six road games this season. But no one in the Los Angeles locker room felt good about letting the struggling Kings back in the game.A win is a win, but its kind of frustrating, Chris Paul said. We expect more from each other.Trailing by 19 points entering the fourth quarter, the Kings cut the margin to 117-115 on Matt Barnes free throw with 2:03 remaining. Los Angeles responded with a dunk by DeAndre Jordan before Paul made two free throws to push the lead back to six.Sacramento never scored again.They went small and it felt like they scored every time down, Clippers coach Doc Rivers said. It felt like we were in the North Carolina four-corner offense. Its great to win, but we want to be better than that.DeMarcus Cousins helped fuel the comeback with 38 points, 13 rebounds and seven assists for the Kings.Barnes had 10 of his 15 points in the fourth quarter, when Sacramento outscored Los Angeles 30-17.Once again, were just waiting at the last minute to play with energy, Cousins said. Its all fun and exciting in the end, but these games are going to continue to get harder for us if we wait until the last quarter.Ty Lawson added 18 points, eight assists and seven rebounds for the Kings, and Darren Collison scored 16. Barnes had 10 fourth-quarter points and made four of Sacramentos 10 3-pointers to finish with 15.J.J. Redick hit six 3s and scored 22 of his 26 points in the first half for the Clippers. Jordan had 16 points and 12 rebounds, Austin Rivers finished with 12 points and Paul added 11 points, 12 assists and nine rebounds.Redick, who connected on his first six 3-point attempts, has made a 3 in 69 consecutive games, the longest active streak in the NBA.J.J. got it going (in the first quarter) and we did whatever we could to get it back to him, Rivers said.It was the fourth straight loss for the Kings. They are 2-4 at home, where they face Toronto, Oklahoma City and Houston the next three games.Kings coach Dave Joerger experimented with a smaller lineup that featured Lawson and Collison in the backcourt.Im going to play small going forward. Ive seen enough, Joerger said. DeMarcus is going to play center. I dont know who else is going to play with him, but it gives us more zip.TIP-INSClippers: Los Angeles shot 5 of 18 in the fourth quarter, yet still wound up shooting 52.6 percent overall. ... Playing his first game of the season, Paul Pierce made his first two shots, a pair of 3-pointers in the second quarter. ... Paul missed his first five shots and didnt have a basket until late in the third.Kings: Lawson hit a 3 and converted a free throw for a four-point play in the first quarter. ... Taking turns guarding Griffin in the first quarter, Kosta Koufos and Willie Cauley-Stein combined for five fouls. Griffin made seven of eight free throws. ... Cousins made a shot from near halfcourt to end the first half.HOT STARTLos Angeles enjoyed its most productive half of the season, shooting 70 percent and leading 73-54 at the break. The Clippers had 17 assists and went 10 of 13 from 3-point range. They got superior play from their starters -- and the reserves were productive as well, contributing 23 points.That first half was beautiful. I dont know if we can play any better than that, Rivers said.MAIN MANGriffin was too much for the Kings, shooting 7 of 15 from the field and making 15 of 16 free throws. He also had two steals and a block in just under 37 minutes.UP NEXTClippers: Los Angeles hosts Chicago on Saturday night.Kings: NBA scoring leader DeMar DeRozan and the Toronto Raptors visit Sacramento on Sunday night.Cheap Sabres Jerseys .Y. -- Bills receiver Stevie Johnson has a bone to pick with the NFL schedule maker. Tim Horton Jersey Large .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. http://www.customsabresjersey.com/ . Two pressure cooker bombs exploded near the finish line of the April 15 race in an area packed with fans cheering the passing runners. Three people were killed and more than 260 injured, including at least 16 who lost limbs. Cheap Custom Sabres Jersey . The (11-11-4) Jets are seventh in the Central Division with 26 points. Fifth place Dallas and sixth-seeded Nashville also have 26 points, but the Stars have three games in hand on Winnipeg while Nashville has two. Custom Sabres Jerseys . PETERSBURG, Fla.DETROIT -- Its not the quality of his pitches that stand out about Michael Fulmer, although the pitches are impressive.Its the calm, professional way the rookie right-hander goes about his work.That work will be on display Wednesday night when he pitches for the Detroit Tigers against the Cleveland Indians.Fulmer will need 6 1/3 innings to reach 162, which would qualify him for the American League ERA title.Fulmer currently has the lowest ERA in the league (2.95, although he technically was off the list for one day) and, if he can keep his runs allowed down Wednesday, he could become the first rookie to win the ERA title since the Tigers Mark Fidrych in 1976 (2.34).Fulmer, acquired from the New York Mets in a trade deadline deal last year, has a fastball in the mid-90s, a slider that can dazzle and a changeup that kind of came out of nowhere early this year and has made him an effective pitcher.What sets Fulmer apart is how he keeps his emotions in check, the stoic way he goes about his starts and never lets any adversity ruffle him.So, Michael, who gets the credit for that?A lot of people, Fulmer said. My parents, for raising me and keeping me humble. My high school coach, Ron Moore, who had me all four years of high school. He was teaching our team how to play the game the right way.Moore coached Fulmer at Deer Creek high school in Edmond, Okla. He has since moved on to Durant (Okla.) High School but still maintains contact with his former star.High school is a prime time to mold the team, Fulmer said, young kids, whether youre going to go on to play college or pro ball or not. You learn just by talking to him, getting insights into the game.I was raised properly. I went to church every Sunday. I was raised to say yes, sir and no, sir.Fulmer (11-7, 2.95 ERA) is 1-2 with a 6.75 ERA in three starts against Cleveland, which will return to its regular lineup after manaager Terry Francona rested most of his starters Tuesday night, a day after they clinched the AL Central Division.ddddddddddddDetroit drubbed Cleveland 12-0 behind a four-hit shutout by Justin Verlander (7 2/3 innings) and Kyle Ryan (1 1/3).Francona has shuffled his rotation to get ready for the postseason after winning the division for the first time since 2007 and the eighth time overall.Veteran Zach McAllister will replace Trevor Bauer against Fulmer, with Bauer shifted to Saturday. Lefty Ryan Merritt pitches Thursday, with Josh Tomlin/Adam Plutko splitting the Friday/Sunday dates in some order.So theres some balls in the air, Francona said. One of those games will most likely be Plutko starting.That rotation means Cleveland is giving ace Cory Kluber as much time as possible to recover so he can start the Indians first postseason game. Kluber left Mondays start after four innings with a right quad strain. He will miss 7-10 days but should be available when the divisional playoffs begin.Francona is putting his pitchers ahead of getting the best record in the league.If I had my choice, I think Id rather play at home, Francona said. I think anybody would. But not at the expense of burning out your entire rotation or your bullpen, because having your guys ready to play is the most important thing.McAllister (3-2, 3.58 ERA) is making just his second start of the season and its possible Francona is looking to see whether he would be a viable starter in the playoffs. He is 0-0 with a 7.50 ERA in eight relief appearances against Detroit this season but is 1/3 with a 5.25 ERA in 22 career games (10 starts).Its a big start for Fulmer because a win definitely would strengthen his Rookie of the Year bid and the ERA title would enhance it even more. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz