Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 48 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
dasg234 Offline

11.06.2019 14:46
Crosby as a kid, is on Forest Hills Parkway, whic Antworten

Sometimes DeYona Gaston likes to build things up. Other times she tears stuff down.When she was in the third grade, Gaston had the audacity to try to dunk on a 6-foot rim and knocked down the portable goal in the process.But that moment aside, Gaston prefers designing and developing to destroying and dismantling. When she was 10, her father, Warren, brought home a surround-sound stereo system. Gaston asked if she could take it out of the box and put it together, and her dad obliged. A few hours later, Gaston, who said she is interested in becoming an architect one day, had accomplished her goal.It wasnt that hard, she said. My dad made it easier for me. He showed me how to operate the tools.Five years later, Gaston has shown she has all the tools to be an outstanding basketball prospect. Before she has played even one high school game, the Pearland (Texas) freshman has been contacted by big-time college basketball programs.Among the schools recruiting her are Notre Dame, Louisville, South Carolina, Texas, Oregon, Auburn, North Carolina, Colorado, Minnesota, Texas Tech and Houston.A 6-foot-2 forward with explosive athleticism, Gaston leads the way on the espnW HoopGurlz Watch List for the 2020 class, which was released Thursday.The youngest of two daughters, Gaston has learned the game from several people, including her mother, Shanett Gaston, who was a two-year starter as a 6-1 forward at Texas Southern. Her dad, Warren, who is 6-3, never played organized basketball but is athletic, and the couples oldest daughter, Shanequa, though smaller at 5-10, played NAIA ball at Langston University in Oklahoma.Moses Ellis, a former AAU coach, was an early influence on Gaston. And in the fourth grade, she began training with coach Tony Rodriguez of HTX Hoops. By the time she was a 5-foot-11 sixth-grader, stories began popping up online, calling her a potential McDonalds All-American.They might prove to be right.She has talent in a lot of areas, said Ed Fry, who has been coaching her in AAU ball for the past two years on his Lady Pro Skills 2020 team. I have to commend Tony Rodriguez on a lot of that, and were trying to fine-tune and expand her game.Lauren Martens, who will coach her at Pearland, is well aware of Gastons potential.Her basketball IQ is much higher than most kids her age, Martens said. She can bring the ball up and break a press. She shares the ball. Her rebounding, her shooting -- everything is on point.Shes very versatile, and its awesome to see. I think she will continue to get better along with our other girls.Indeed, Pearland returns all five starters from last year. Knowing that, Martens dispatched her veteran players to Pearland Middle School this past spring so they could check out Gaston.Our coach wanted us to scout [Gaston] to see how she played, senior guard Cierra Lane said. My coach already knew [Gaston] would be on varsity and wanted to know if she would work well with us.Lane left impressed.I had heard she was huge, and the stuff she could do at her size was, I guess, abnormal, Lane said. Once we saw her, she lived up to her hype. She could go in the paint hard, and she could shoot 3s.She was making baskets that werent normal [for] her height. She was bringing the ball down. She was everything to her team. She played the one, two, three, four and five.Her dad is not surprised. He saw it first-hand when she was in the third grade, when she got a steal and went in for that dunk on the 6-foot rim during a YMCA game.She nearly put that ball down.But the ball came off the front of the rim, Warren said. [Still], it was a strong, aggressive move. She was tenacious. Everyone was amazed.Warren said there were parents who were taping that game, and he has been looking for a copy of that video ever since. Gaston is similarly close these days to dunking on a 10-foot rim. But she is building toward that, just like she has put her game together, piece by piece.Ball-handling was her first skill. Her mother taught her to squeeze tennis balls to improve her grip, and Gaston practiced dribbling for hours in her garage.Shooting came next. Since the family does not own a basketball hoop, Gaston practiced in her neighbors driveway. The next phase in the construction of Gastons game is taking place in the weight room.Gaston still needs to get stronger, an idea that was reinforced this past summer when she repeatedly got knocked down in the paint by older girls. That sent Gaston to her mom to ask what she could do to improve. The solution was to get a physical trainer, and mother and daughter have been working out together at night in a boot camp program.In addition to getting stronger, Gaston is working on her speed. She plans to run the 100, 200 and 400 for her schools track team this spring.She already beats all the neighborhood boys in races, much to their displeasure.They say I cheat, because I have long legs, Gaston said.Those long legs, Gaston hopes, will one day carry her to great heights in basketball.I dream about that every day.Custom Magic Jersey China . Despite dominating possession, Schalke needed an own goal from Nicolas Hoefler for the breakthrough a minute before the interval. The Freiburg midfielder misjudged Jefferson Farfans corner and bundled the ball into his own net. Wholesale Custom Magic Shirts . Having already announced that the race will start May 9 with three stages in Northern Ireland and Ireland and finish in Trieste on June 1, the rest of the route was unveiled Monday. http://www.custommagicjersey.com/custom-penny-hardaway-jersey-large-71v.html . Barcelonas entertaining victory ensured the defending Spanish champions retained their share of the league lead with Atletico Madrid two rounds ahead of their meeting in the capital. Real Madrid needed a late goal by substitute Jese Rodriguez to earn a 3-2 victory at Valencia to stay in third place and three points behind its title rivals. Cheap Magic Jerseys . Kozun faked to the forehand and beat Monsters starter, Calvin Pickard, pad side in the second round for the winner. Spencer Abbott also scored in the shootout for the Marlies (25-13-4). Authentic Custom Magic Jersey . Laudrup revealed Thursday he was notified of his dismissal in "the briefest of letters which gave no reasons why such hasty and final action was deemed necessary.HALIFAX, Nova Scotia -- Sidney Crosby picked up the Stanley Cup at the Halifax airport and made a surprise visit to his hometown Tim Hortons.We heard this big explosion of applause and heard someone say, `Sidney, said Paul MacFarlane, operations manager for the coffee shop in Cole Harbour. We came up to the front and saw Sidney Crosby walk through with the Stanley Cup and the Conn Smythe Trophy. I had never seen it before, it was awesome.The coffee shop, visited frequently by Crosby as a kid, is on Forest Hills Parkway, which will be shut down Saturday to allow the Pittsburgh Penguins captain to parade the Cup.Each player of the Cup-winning team gets brief custody of it. As team captain, Crosby is permitted to have the trophy an extra day and said he wanted to share it with as many people as he could.PAL Airlines tweeted a photo of Crosby, the Cup and an unidentified man in an orange safety vest with thanks for visiting our Halifax offices.Crosby also took the trophy for a visit with kids at his hockey schoool before moving on to the Tim Hortons where he also generated plenty of excitement.ddddddddddddVideo posted on social media showed him plunking the Cup down on the order counter, as staff and about two dozen customers slowly became aware of who had arrived. Another man carried the Conn Smythe Trophy, awarded to Crosby as playoff MVP.MacFarlane said Crosby stayed for about 15 minutes, taking photos with everyone.He came behind the counter and ... made sure all the staff got pictures with him, MacFarlane said.Crosby also brought the Cup to Nova Scotia the first time the Penguins won it with him as captain, in 2009. Back then, a military Sea King helicopter carrying Crosby and the Cup landed on the flight deck of HMCS Preserver at the Halifax Dockyard. He stepped onto a wharf, the Cup aloft over his head, to cheers from hundreds of fans. Thousands lined a parade route in his honor. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz