Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 44 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
dasg234 Offline

05.06.2019 12:17
ls ruled he stepped out at the Oakland 36 af Antworten

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- With Kobe Bryant retired after two decades in purple and gold, the Los Angeles Lakers are entering a new and somewhat uncertain era featuring a first-year head coach and a roster built around several promising young players.And as the illustrious franchise seeks to reclaim its place among the NBAs elite after three straight seasons of missing the playoffs, and after posting their worst record ever last season, the Lakers looked ahead Wednesday to one of the most exciting, and certain, elements of their future: their state-of-the-art $80 million training complex.Standing before the imposing shell of a two-story, 120,000-square-foot structure that is expected to open by summer 2017, Lakers officials offered a glimpse Wednesday into the new facility while also announcing a long-term partnership with UCLA Health, whose name will grace the not-yet-finished building. Lakers officials said the UCLA Health Training Center will be triple the size of the teams current training facility, the Toyota Sports Center, which sits less than a half mile away. (The Lakers have practiced at the Toyota Sports Center since 2000 and today share the complex with the Los Angeles Kings of the National Hockey League.)Construction on the Lakers spacious new complex -- which, for the sake of convenience, isnt far from Los Angeles International Airport -- began in September 2015. It will house the Lakers business and basketball operations, as well as the teams D-League affiliate, the D-Fenders. Other impressive features include a barbershop, multiple whirlpools, cryogenics chambers, a theater, kitchen and more.We want players to treat this place like a second home, said Lakers chief operating officer Tim Harris.UCLA Health has also been designated as the exclusive in-game health provider for Lakers players, including at the new facility. Aside from speaking well of the new facility and all that it will offer, Lakers officials emphasized injury prevention -- a buzzword in todays NBA -- as key to their new partnership with UCLA Health.All of this, all of this, is with an eye towards prolonging the careers of these great athletes, Harris added, addressing a group of Lakers players in attendance at Wednesdays event outside the facility. It wasnt just about athlete care. It was about prevention, performance and prolonging their careers.Lakers president Jeanie Buss echoed that point, adding, We just retired a player who played 20 years in the NBA in Kobe Bryant and maybe we can keep pushing that, and certainly with the partnership with UCLA Health, that will give us those kind of resources.Wearing hard hats, fluorescent orange safety vests and goggles, Lakers players toured their future home.Its more than helpful, said guard DAngelo Russell. The 82-game season, plus more including the playoffs, is wear and tear on your body. It starts with the rehab and trying to keep your body 100 percent before every practice, before every game, before every road trip. [Its great] just knowing that you have the best people going into the practice facility every day to help your body do that for you.Speaking of the facility, Lakers rookie head coach Luke Walton, a former Lakers player, referenced many new features, such as an underwater treadmill. But one change especially caught his attention: larger ice baths. The Toyota Sports Center features single-person metal tubs; the new center, which will house three rehabilitation pools, can hold up to 15 at a time, Walton said.But will the glittering new facility help attract potential free agents, especially after the Lakers have struck out on big-name targets in each of the past four summers?I think it can, Walton said. I dont think you strictly rely on it. I think the way we play and the way we compete helps lure free agents. I think when players from across the league come and see this place, theyll be very excited about it. But to me, the most exciting [thing] is the ability to train the guys we already have in here. Weve got a great group of guys, a good young core, and to be able to have them in a place like this and work with them every day is going to be a lot of fun. Buss pointed out that, regardless of the new facility, she believes free agents have always been excited about the Lakers.She added that she believes the new facility will further establish the commitment of the organization to be on the cutting edge. In the Lakers current training facility, 11 championship trophies line the window of Buss office that overlooks the practice court -- and a smiling Buss said that feature will continue at the new facility so that the players will always be reminded of what the goal is and to be inspired by the work that they have to put in to get that trophy.Air Max 90 Essential Cheap . Their 38th instalment is arguably their biggest fight card to date, including three-title fights and a main event which was selected by the fans. The promotion boasts 14-straight years of business and is operated by MFC president Mark Pavelich, who is often overlooked in this country for the foundation hes established for MMA in Canada. Cheap Nike Air Max 90 Premium Mens .com) - Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Roger Federer were easy first-round winners Tuesday at the Australian Open. http://www.wholesale90airmax.com/wholesale-air-max-90-sneakerboot.html . Ronaldo produced a spectacular individual performance on Tuesday, scoring all three goals and guiding Portugal into the next years World Cup in Brazil with a 3-2 victory in Sweden. The Real Madrid forward has scored 66 goals in 2013, but the last three may be the boost he needs to upstage Messi after FIFA unexpectedly extended the voting period for the Ballon dOr to Nov. Cheap Nike Air Max 90 Premium . Spiller left Week 3s 27-20 loss to the New York Jets with a thigh injury, but fully practiced with the team all week and expects to be ready to go on Sunday. Cheap Air Max 90 Free Shipping . Pirlo limped out of Sundays 1-0 win over Udinese after just 13 minutes. Juventus says Pirlo underwent tests on Monday which revealed he has "a second-degree lesion to the collateral medial ligament in his right knee.MEXICO CITY -- While dealing with a green laser shining in Brock Osweilers eye and the high elevation unique to a game in Mexico City, the Houston Texans feel like a few questionable spots by the officials on a key fourth-quarter drive made the difference in their loss to Oakland.Derek Carr threw his second touchdown pass of the fourth quarter shortly after a disputed fourth-down stop and the Oakland Raiders went on to beat the Texans 27-20 on Monday night in the second regular season game played in Mexico.Very tough loss, defensive end Jadeveon Clowney said. We should have won the game. We are trying to win every game. You dont leave the game in the refs hands.The contest turned midway through the fourth quarter on a matter of inches for the Texans (6-4). On a third-and-2 from the Oakland 16, Lamar Miller ran wide and appeared to get the first down before being tackled by Malcolm Smith. But the officials spotted it short of the marker and coach Bill OBrien opted not to challenge.OBrien then went for it on fourth-and-inches instead of kicking the go-ahead field goal. Akeem Hunt ran up the middle and the Texans thought he got the first down, only to have it marked about an inch short . OBrien challenged this time but with no clear angle, the play was not overturned.I felt like we needed a touchdown there and obviously we did, OBrien said. And so we went for it. Thought we had it, looked like it was clear that we had it, so I challenged it and they said we didnt have it. They said the call on the field stands, so I dont know.Five plays later, Carr connected on a 35-yard touchdown pass to Amari Cooper that gave the Raiders (8-2) a 27-20 lead and sent them to their fourth straight win.The Texans were on the wrong side of another close call in the first quarter when DeAndre Hopkins took a short pass from Osweiler and ran into the end zone. But officials ruled he stepped out at the Oakland 36 after a gain of 24. The Texans were unable to challenge the play because it was blown dead and they settled for a field goal on that drive.I think weve really got to look at all those things, OBrien said. Weve goot all these cameras and we cant get that right? I didnt think Hopkins was out of bounds, but the whistle had blown, so I couldnt challenge that play.ddddddddddddWhile the disputed calls might have had a bigger impact, the green laser that kept shining in Osweilers eyes might have been the oddest part of a festive game at Azteca Stadium.I never want to say one things a difference maker, but certainly having a laser zoomed in your eyeball definitely affects how you play a game, Osweiler said.Fans here have used the laser to try to distract opponents during World Cup qualifiers, but it caught some of these football players off guard.Yeah, that was kind of weird, Raiders pass rusher Khalil Mack said. I saw that and I thought I was in the Twilight Zone.While the field was a bit slippery at times and the altitude did play a factor , the first game in Mexico City since 2005 was otherwise mostly a success.It was largely a pro-Raiders crowd of 76,743 with a sizable contingent of Texans fans and a smattering of jerseys from other teams mixed in. What was originally scheduled as an Oakland home game featured Raiders music during stoppages, frequent RAI-DERS! chants and Tommie Smith lighting the Al Davis torch in a memorable return to Mexico City nearly a half-century after his Black Power salute at the 1968 Olympics.The Raider Nation showed up tonight, coach Jack Del Rio said. I want to send a shoutout to the fans that showed up. It was a great atmosphere to play in.On a less celebratory note, there were also some homophobic chants during kickoffs like the ones used at soccer games on some goal kicks. Mexicos soccer federation has been punished by FIFA in the past for the chant during World Cup qualifiers.Players on both teams were in favor of more games here in the future.It was great, Clowney said. All the NFL setup was great. Most of our fan base is Hispanic, so why not bring the game to them?---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz