Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 53 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
dasg234 Offline

03.06.2019 14:48
its his aspirations will go in the trash can should Jarryd Hayne sign on for the 2017 NRL season.After finding himself unwanted Antworten

CHICAGO -- As the Cincinnati Reds wind down another losing season, manager Bryan Price is hoping todays pain is tomorrows gain.The thing is about September in our situation is, were looking at some of the younger players we brought up and sometimes there are painful lessons, Price said. Its hard to go through, but the only way these guys are going to learn how to pitch up here is to pitch.The latest tough lesson came Tuesday night.Jon Lester overcame an injury scare to throw seven strong innings, Anthony Rizzo drove in three runs and the Chicago Cubs moved closer to securing the NLs best record with a 6-1 victory over Cincinnati.Lester (18-4) extended his scoreless streak to 21 innings before Jose Perazas RBI triple in the fifth. He allowed six hits, struck out five, walked none and added an RBI double.Lester stayed in after Joey Vottos comebacker in the sixth left him with a welt on the wrist of his glove hand.Its fine, Lester said. Its my right hand. I dont need it. All its there for is to hold the glove.Rizzo had a two-run single in a four-run fourth and a run-scoring single in the sixth to give him 104 RBI. The Cubs 96th win reduced their magic number to three over Washington for clinching home-field advantage throughout the NL playoffs.The Cubs, who wrapped up the NL Central last week, are trying to find the right balance of staying sharp while getting rest and avoiding injury before the postseason. Thats why the crowd gasped and the trainer and manager Joe Maddon quickly ran out of the dugout after Lester was struck by Vottos hard-hit ball.After David Ross singled with two outs in the second, Lester lined a fastball off Josh Smith (3-2) into right-center. The 39-year-old Ross, who plans to retire at the end of the season, lumbered around from first and belly-flopped into home without a throw to put the Cubs ahead to stay.Thats more of a collapse than a slide, Ross said. I figured if I went headfirst it would be considered a slide.Smith, making a spot start in a bullpen game for the Reds, left after allowing three hits over three innings.He did fine, Price said. Really, the only mistake was the first-pitch fastball to Lester. We know theres a pitcher hitting and the Cubs pitchers will be aggressive on a first-pitch fastball.Said Smith: To get the chance to go against him and go against that team is a huge opportunity for me. I just went out there and tried to make the best of it.The Cubs scored four two-out runs in the fourth off Wandy Peralta, who walked Lester before Dexter Fowlers RBI single. Kris Bryant followed with a bloop RBI double.We were hoping Wandy would give us a bit more than he did, Price said.With Washington losing 1-0 at Miami, the Cubs opened an eight-game lead over the Nationals with 11 left.CY YOUNG WORTHY?Lester lowered his ERA to 2.36 and improved his chances of winning the NL Cy Young Award. He twice finished fourth (2010 and 2014) for the AL prize.Its a huge, huge honor to even be in consideration, he said.TRAINERS ROOMReds RHP Homer Bailey (biceps) felt well enough that his bullpen session was moved up a day. Price was pleased and said its possible Bailey will get a start or two before the season ends. There hasnt been any issue regarding his surgically repaired elbow, Price said.UP NEXTCubs RHP John Lackey (9-8, 3.42 ERA), contending with Jason Hammel for the final postseason rotation spot, starts the series finale Wednesday night against RHP Robert Stephenson (2-1, 4.97).Cheap Wholesale Sneakers Free Shipping . However, he did make them miss him a little less. Cundiff, who had the unenviable job of replacing Dawson last season, agreed Thursday to a one-year, $1. Discount Shoes Website . Hamelin, who triumphed in the 500 on Saturday, edged out Victor An of Russia by 0.021 seconds to maintain his lead in the World Cup standings. Russias Vladimir Grigorev was third. In the relay, Canada took control six laps from the finish line to beat Russia and the Netherlands. http://www.shoesonfire.ru/ . Now that hes hitting streaking teammates with pin-point passes for easy layups, Love is asserting himself as one of the true superstars in the league. Cheap Shoes Stores Near Me . Batiste, who briefly signed with the Eskimos in 2006, has spent time with several NFL teams including the Pittsburgh Steelers and Washington Redskins. Authentic Shoes For Cheap . Cote was eligible to become a free agent Feb. 15. Cote helped running back Jon Cornish run for a league-high 1,813 rushing yards en route to being named the leagues most outstanding player.Clint Gutherson has put his hand up to be Parramattas long-term fullback but admits his aspirations will go in the trash can should Jarryd Hayne sign on for the 2017 NRL season.After finding himself unwanted at Manly last year, he sent a message to his former club about his worth with a standout performance in a losing side against Penrith at Pepper Stadium on Sunday.With Corey Norman out suspended, he was shifted into five-eighth - a position he hasnt played since under-13s - and was arguably the best player on field.In a performance that belied his status as the clubs seventh-choice half, the three-quarter-cum-playmaker laid on two tries and scored one himself in the Eels 22-18 loss.Its just a good experience. Ive been playing everywhere in the backs this year, Gutherson said.Its good experience to play at the NRL level the better youll get. A lot of other boys were playing out of position and it will help in the long term.Coach Brad Arthur was forced to marvel at Guthersons verssatility after the 21-year-old seemlessly slotted into the halves alongside Jeff Robson.ddddddddddddWith Michael Gordon set to leave the club for the Sydney Roosters next year, the fullback position is wide open.Gutherson makes no secret of his desire to wear the No.1 and will spend the rest of the year trying to prove to Arthur hes the man for key role.The one is my No.1 position but as you can see weve got a few good fullbacks there, he said.Weve got Flash (Gordon) there at the moment and Bevo (Bevan French) on the wing.If Im here for the long-term, that will be my goal but if Bevo comes in, Im just happy to play. If were winning, it doesnt matter where were playing.However, he admits his hopes will be instantly dashed should cope-hopping superstar Hayne sign with the Eels.If you have him - hes a freak - youre not going to take his spot, Gutheron said. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz