Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 66 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

31.05.2019 09:47
stronger. But DAgostino and Hamblin were an exampl Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Having tripped and fallen to the track in the second heat of the womens 5,000 meters, New Zealands Nikki Hamblin lay there wondering, Whats happening? Why am I on the ground?And then she felt a hand on her shoulder. It was that of competitor Abbey DAgostino from the United States, who had tripped and fallen over Hamblin herself. The two had never met before, but DAgostino was not going to let Hamblin lie on the ground.Get up, get up! We have to finish! DAgostino told Hamblin. This is the Olympic Games! We have to finish this!DAgostino helped Hamblin up. Then Hamblin helped DAgostino as well. And then the two continued the race, with DAgostino struggling severely after injuring her knee in the fall. As she ran, Hamlin said she looked back to see how DAgostino was doing, but the American simply waved her on, telling her to just keep going, just keep running.Hamblin finished next-to-last in her heat with a time of 16 minutes, 43.61 seconds, more than a minute behind the winning time. DAgostino finished last with a time of 17:10.02, even further behind the winning time. After DAgostino crossed the finish line, she and Hamblin shared an intensely emotional hug, with tears welling in their eyes.Asked what she said to DAgostino at the end of the race, Hamblin replied: What could I say to her? She helped me up and she finished the race. I couldnt have big enough words to tell her how amazing she is.Despite their finish times, both will advance to the final because they were tripped. And more importantly, DAgostino fully exemplified what the Olympics should be all about. Yes, competing to win gold, silver or bronze is important. But so is competing together. The Olympics are not just about individual medalists but also about gathering people from around the world in a spirit of brotherhood and sisterhood.I am so grateful to Abbey for helping me, Hamblin said. That girl was the Olympic spirit right there. I am so impressed and inspired by that.Ive never met this girl before. It is just so amazing, regardless of this race and the result. Its something I will never ever forget for the rest of my life. It will be this this girl shaking my shoulder and saying get up. I really hope shes OK.DAgostino she did not speak with reporters because she needed to receive treatment for the injury but friend and fellow Dartmouth runner Alexi Pappas said she saw her after the race and thinks she will be all right. Regardless of whether or how DAgostino runs in the final, her performance Tuesday was worthy of a gold medal.She is a selfless person and today she embodied the Olympic spirit, Pappas said. Camaraderie. Gratitude. Perseverance. She didnt stop. She did it with joy, so joyful as she could be.It was unclear how DAgostinos knee was -- she did not come through the mixed zone with reporters because she needed to receive treatment for the injury -- but regardless of whether or how she runs in the final, her performance Tuesday was worthy of a gold medal.The moment was reminiscent of the mens 400 at the 1992 Olympics, when Great Britains Derek Redmond tore his hamstring during the race and his father climbed out of the stands to help him to the finish line.For a runner to help another runner out like that -- thats beautiful and I hope we can all appreciate the team spirit and the Olympic spirit, Australias Genevieve Lacaze said. Were all here and its meant to be fun, but we all race against each other but in a world spirit. When the crowd can sit back and watch something like that happen. Its fabulous. No words can express what that means. She will for sure always remember that.As we all should, as much as what Usain Bolt does in his races. The Olympic motto is Faster, higher, stronger. But DAgostino and Hamblin were an example of more important words. Along with Pappas description of camaraderie and perseverance, add: Caring. Supportive. Human.I think you come to the Olympic Games and everyone wants to win and everyone wants to medal. Hamblin said. And as disappointing as this experience was, there is so much more to this than a medal or winning. Black Swell Bottle . Booth picked up 65 caps after making her national team debut in 2002 at the age of 17. She most recently played for Sky Blue FC of the National Womens Soccer League. "It just felt like it was my time to move on," she said in a phone interview from her hometown of Burlington, Ont. Swell Bottle Wood Collection . -- Lou Brocks shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Bill Freehan during the 1968 World Series and Pete Roses bruising hit on Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game could become relics of baseball history, like the dead-ball era. http://www.ukswellbottle.com/swell-bottle-floral-sale-uk.html . The catch: It needs a lot of money, and it needs it fast. Swell Water Bottles Uk . -- Most satisfying to Russ Smith about No. Swell Water Bottle Sale . Breaking three of his own world records on his way to winning in Paris, Chan silenced the critics and left the audiences standing in appreciation and awe. CHICAGO -- The Chicago Cubs reached a milestone in their long history by hitting the 100-win mark Monday, the first time the franchise has hit that target since 1935. If Chicago can get at least one more win, the Cubs will hit their high-water mark for victories since 1910.With each steppingstone of achievement, the 2016 Cubs keep creeping backward in history, toward the almost mythical-sounding year of 11908.dddddddddddd The last championship came then, and it was exactly 108 years after Chicagos first resident, Jean Baptiste Point du Sable, gave up and moved to St. Louis, of all places.First things first: How many 100-win teams have there been? Just how unusual is this feat? ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz