Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 40 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

30.05.2019 08:13
defensive standpoint, Lions coach Jim Caldwell said. Antworten

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Dan Orlovsky and Jake Rudock had very similar statistics in the preseason. Orlovsky will begin the season as the Detroit Lions backup quarterback, though, and theres one number that might have been the difference.Orlovsky has 12 years of NFL experience, and thats a dozen more than Rudock, a rookie out of Michigan.Hes certainly one of those guys thats been around, understands the league, understands what he sees from a defensive standpoint, Lions coach Jim Caldwell said. Hes played in games, has experience under his belt. Theres a number of different things. Hes an outstanding leader, just to name a few.Orlovsky got the nod over Rudock even though there was little difference in their preseason performance. Orlovsky was 33-of-56 passing for 338 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions. Rudock was 30 of 51 for 333 yards, four touchdowns and one interception.We take everything into consideration, practice, games, meetings, Caldwell said. That evaluation is wide and broad, just not a couple different instances.Orlovskys experience was a leg up, but he has also seen enough to know his veteran status wouldnt guarantee the backup job.I dont ever take it for granted, Orlovsky said. I dont ever take it lightly. Its a big responsibility and it means a lot to me. I worked for it but it wasnt like a surprise or anything. It was my expectation level and like I said, getting ready for Week 1 and go about my business.Rudock, a sixth-round draft pick, was cut and then signed to the Lions practice squad, where he can practice without the pressure of having to enter the game if something happens to starter Matthew Stafford.Hell be fine, Orlovsky said of Rudock. What hes done is progress. Thats what you expect and hope him to do is progress. He just needs to continue to do that and take advantage of this year of learning how to do it. There is a big difference between preseason and regular season.Now the onus is on the Lions young offensive line to protect Stafford.First-round pick Taylor Decker is at left tackle; Travis Swanson is entering his third season, his second as starting center; left guard Laken Tomlinson has one year of experience; right guard Larry Warford is starting his fourth season; and right tackle Riley Reiff is the true veteran with four seasons under his belt.I feel like were getting good cohesion going, Warford said. Were getting comfortable playing next to each other and Im excited for it. Were still working out kinks, thats going to be an ongoing process. But I feel really good about this line.The five played as a unit during all of training camp and the preseason.They get accustomed to working with one another, Caldwell said. Get a good feel for one another. That takes time. It doesnt happen overnight, it takes time and then you couple that with the fact that some of those guys are going to be seeing some things for the first time.The Lions begin the season next Sunday at Indianapolis.Game notes TE Eric Ebron returned to practice for the first time since injuring his ankle during an intrasquad scrimmage Aug. 6 at Ford Field. C Graham Glasgow and T Corey Robinson also returned to practice. The only player not practicing was LB Jon Bostic (foot). ... The Lions announced the signings of WR Isaac Fruechte and LB Steve Longa to their practice squad. The team now has 10 players on the squad.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap New Balance Shoes China . -- Arizona knocked off some quality opponents, rolled over a few overmatched ones and grinded out victories even when things didnt go so well. Cheap Under Armour Shoes China . -- There were a lot of firsts for the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. http://www.cheapshoeschinaonline.com/ . The incident occurred at 19:56 of the second period of the Kings 4-2 road win over Edmonton on Sunday. Nolan punched Oilers forward Jesse Joensuu in the jaw in front of the Kings goal during a scrum. Clearance Shoes China . Patrice Bergeron and Daniel Paille scored 20 seconds apart a few minutes after Stamkos was taken off the ice on a stretcher with a broken right leg, and the Bruins beat the Lightning 3-0 on Monday afternoon. Cheap Saucony Shoes China . -- Matt Rupert scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the London Knights extended their win streak to nine games by defeating the Owen Sound Attack 4-3 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. Greater Western Sydney players are rallying around Lachie Whitfield, with the AFL investigating claims he tried to avoid drug testers.Steve Johnson and Stephen Coniglio say its been business as usual for the former No.1 draft pick this week despite the scandal entering the public domain.Whitfield and two former GWS staffers face multi-year bans if it is proved they conspired to evade or were complicit in seeking to evade a drug test.The leagues investigation started last August but was first reported on Monday - far from ideal timing for the Giants as they prepare for a maiden finals campaign.Lachie is going well, hes been training throughout the week, Johnson told reporters on Wednesday.From a players point of view, our role is to support him and make sure hes going alright.He is a valuable member of our playing group and hell be playing next Saturday night against the Swans.Coniglio was confident Whitfield would be ready for the all-important Sydney derby at ANZ Stadium.The main concern for us is how is he coping and as long as hes going alright, the rest of the stuff is out of our hands and uncontrollable, Coniglio said.ddddddddddddOnce the league formally finalises its probe it will hand over all evidence to ASADA, which will make a ruling.When the case will become the domain of ASADA is unclear.The way our process works, I didnt have any visibility with it. I was briefed yesterday and its now known the guys will finish that in the coming days, AFL boss Gillon McLachlan said.These things take (as long as) what they take. They work methodically through it and they dont rush to reach to an outcome.The report and investigation and what theyve compiled will be handed over to ASADA for them to make a decision and I cant really say more than that.McLachlan noted it had been an incredibly detailed, forensic investigation. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz