Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 75 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

29.05.2019 09:45
motivated by a good-luck email from running great Antworten

Melbourne Victory boss Ian Robson rates his clubs chances of bringing Liverpool icon Steven Gerrard to the A-League as a million to one shot.The 36-year-old has been mentioned as a possible designated or guest player for the Victory following the end of his stint with LA Galaxy in the Major Soccer League.However Robson hosed down the speculation on Wednesday, saying it would be financially irresponsible for his club to lure Gerrard to Australia.To me it just seems a million miles off because the money involved from what were led to believe is just going to make it unaffordable and uneconomic, Robson told SEN Radio.Its a million to one shot.The remote possibility of enticing Gerrard to the A-League would almost certainly need to come via the new designated player rule set up for Tim Cahills homecoming this season.Clubs could also use a discretionary payment for a guest player, such as the one Melbourne City used to sign David Villa back in 2014.In either case, Football Federation Australia would contribute a percentage of the outlay, but Robson reiterated the numbers still wouldnt stack up.Gerrard has history in Melbourne, having scored for Liverpool in a 2-0 exhibition win against the Victory in front of a club record crowd of 95,446 at the MCG in 2013.He scored five goals in 36 appearances for the Galaxy, and is now being linked to dual coaching roles back at Liverpool and with the England national team.Is it a player that would turn the dial in terms of interest? I dont think theres any doubt Steven Gerrard would turn the dial, Robson said.But whether or not what we would think it would be pragmatic, practical - dare I say it, affordable - in real terms here, is sometimes a long way off. Clearance NBA Jerseys Store . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternoon by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. Cheap Chicago Bulls Jerseys China . -- The boos poured down on Tom Brady and the New England Patriots at the end of a horrible first half. http://www.cheapbasketballchina.com/ . MORITZ, Switzerland -- Fog prevented downhill racers from getting their Olympic dress rehearsal. Discount Nike NBA Jerseys . Miikka Kiprusoff had just announced his retirement after a decade-long run in Calgary and it would be up to Berra and Ramo to fill the void. Basketball Jerseys Outlet . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Matthew Centrowitz always wanted to be an Olympic runner. Kind of like Matt Centrowitz.Like father, like son -- as the tattoo across his chest says. Only the son, who goes by Matthew, is bringing home a gold medal and neither he nor his dad, known as Matt, can believe it.During his victory lap after a surprise win in the 1,500 meters at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics on Saturday, the American runner suddenly spotted his dad in the stands.I was like, `Are you kidding me? Centrowitz recounted. It hasnt sunk in. Were both just absolutely astonished right now.Centrowitz surprised himself as he took the lead in a leisurely paced race with around two laps remaining. He only got stronger with the finish line in sight. It was the first title in the event for the United States since Mel Sheppard won the metric mile more than 100 years ago at the 1908 London Games.Im a confident guy, Centrowitz explained. But I dont know if I was this confident.I thought, on the best day, maybe Id get a silver medal. But sure, in the back of my head, I thought I could get a gold.He was motivated by a good-luck email from running great Jim Ryun, a silver medalist in the 1,500 in 1968. He was spurred on by a rock-solid race plan -- a couple of them depending on what transpired. And he was in awe of the person handing out the gifts at the medal ceremony -- Sebastian Coe, the president of the IAAF and a middle-distance running icon.Seeing dad and the rest of his family was a big highlight.Distance running just so happens to run in the Centrowitz family. His father represented the United States at the 1976 Montreal Games. His sister, Lauren, competed in college for Stanford.Then theres Matthew -- the confident runner who aalways believed he was going to be the next big thing in the 1,500.dddddddddddd have a lot of respect for everyone in that field, said Centrowitz, who finished fourth at the 2012 London Games, missing out on a medal by 0.04 seconds. I never took anything for granted.Thats why he had so many race plans -- so nothing would surprise him.Steadily pulling away, then holding on at the end, Centro finished in 3 minutes, 50 seconds, beating defending champion Taoufik Makhloufi of Algeria by 0.11 seconds. Nicholas Willis of New Zealand captured bronze.After crossing the line, Centrowitz looked straight ahead, stunned at what he had just done. He then dropped to his knees and put his hands on top of his head.It was that unbelievable.His dad took in the entire scene from the stands. These two are tight, so much so that the son has that tattoo across his chest that reads, Like father, like son.Matt couldnt find the right words when asked about what his sons win meant to him, responding in a text message, Wow, impossible to say.Matthew Centrowitz went to the University of Oregon, home of the late Steve Prefontaine -- the training partner of his father before Pres death in a car accident at the age of 24.The 26-year-old Centrowitz grew up hearing all the stories. He even hung posters on his wall of Prefontaine, the charismatic and talented runner who finished fourth in the 5,000 meters at the 1972 Munich Olympics.Its great to make history, Centrowitz said. Ive been joking since Ive gotten this medal, that I dont have to do anything for the rest of my career now and its not a complete failure. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz