Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 49 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
dasg234 Offline

28.05.2019 01:38
S: Wake Forest and Virginia played every year f Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Angelina Nadai Lohalith did not qualify for the medal round in the womens 1,500-meter run Saturday night. She did not come anywhere close. She not only finished last in her heat, she ran a time that was 31 seconds slower that the next slowest runner and 47 seconds slower than the winner.But she was not devastated. She was proud. As well Lohalith should be because she is an inspiration on and off the track. Lohalith, you see, is one of the 10 athletes competing with the Refugee Olympic Team, and just being able to run in these Games is an amazing advance in her life. And perhaps it can similarly be a little advance for her fellow refugees.Even though I came in last, Im happy, Lohalith said. I was able to compete and able to finish off the race. Next time, I believe that I will be in front of them rather than be at the end. Im representing refugees from all over the world. Im becoming their ambassador now, and that made me happy.James Nyang Chiengjiek likewise finished last in his 400-meter heat, six seconds behind the next runner ahead of him. He also is an athlete from South Sudan on the refugee team. And he, too, was very proud to be running here.I think its a very important moment for all the refuges. Not me alone, Chiengjiek said. We are not getting the medals we hoped to get, but this is for spreading peace. I thank the IOC for giving us this chance. It is very important we are here today. Also, we have met and gotten to know so many people. I hope when we go back, we will have that experience, and it will help us in the future.While many people sympathize with refugees and the agonies they endure, some take negative views. They argue that allowing refugees into your country will take jobs from citizens. That they may be terrorists. That they are beneath the rest of us. Lohalith and Chiengjiek hope the performances of the refugees here will help end such views.When some people hear refugees, they do not see them as they are, Lohalith said. They do not see them as human beings. They see them as refugees, something negative. But we can do something better in our life. Like in sport. Refugees can do something for their lives. Wherever they are, they can do something positive.Lohalith escaped the war in South Sudan to the Kakuma refugee camp back in 2002 while Chiengjiek left just before that to avoid being made into a child soldier. The two each began running while in school, little dreaming that they would one day be running on another continent in the Olympics.Fortunately, the IOC voted to allow a team of refugees to compete in the Rio Olympics, picking a total of 10. Five (all runners) are from South Sudan, two from Syria, two from the Democratic Republic of Congo and one from Ethiopia. When the refugee team marched in during the opening ceremonies, they received perhaps the most enthusiastic ovation of any team other than host Brazil.I think it has been an amazing experience for them because it is something they have never dreamed about happening, said Luiz Fernando Godinho with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. They are very conscious of the role they are playing here at these Games. They know they are not here to win medals, that they are here to support the refugee case.We always look at the athletes to be looking for some personal achievement, and they truly are not looking for that. They know their limitations but they know they are here for a cause. They are leaders of tomorrow.Both Lohalith and Chiengjiek are staying in the athletes village and being treated just like all the other Olympians, which is what refugees hope for in their lives. They are people like you or me, Godinho said. If they have the chance they can achieve important things. They are normal people. The only thing they need is a chance to prove themselves and achieve important things.Lohalith and Chiengjiek are proving themselves and achieving something important. And they hope their performances here will inspire other refugees that they, too, can do what seems impossible. After all, Lopez Lomong was a South Sudanese refugee who wound up running the 1,500 in the 2008 Olympics and also carrying the flag of the United States after becoming an American citizen.Start making your mind to think positive, Lohalith said. And every time you go out, think positively that you will be able to tackle all the challenges that come in your life.Cheap Jerseys From China . -- The Missouri Tigers might not have a roster full of superstars. Cheap Football Jerseys Authentic . Anthony Calvillo, through 20 CFL seasons, was frequently invincible and largely stoic in the heat of competition. But underneath the professional exterior he was, and is, compellingly human. http://www.cheapfootballjerseys.us.org/ . The parade and rally were held to celebrate the Saskatchewan Roughriders 45-23 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Sunday in the CFLs championship game. Wholesale Football Jerseys Online . LOUIS -- Mike Smith is used to facing plenty of shots, so this was nothing new. Cheap Football Jerseys China . Pedro scored from a pass by Lionel Messi in the 33rd minute and added two more goals in the 47th and 72nd after Valdes saved his second penalty in four days following his stop in Wednesdays 4-0 over Ajax in the Champions League.WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- Wake Forest is one win from effectively locking up a bowl berth. A visit from Virginia shapes up as the Demon Deacons best chance to earn it.Wake Forest (5-3, 2-2 Atlantic Coast Conference) plays host to the Cavaliers (2-6, 1-3) on Saturday.The Demon Deacons are in pretty good shape -- they entered November with five wins for the first time since 2011, also the last time they played in a bowl game.But if they dont take care of Virginia, they may not make it to the six-win mark.They face No. 5 Louisville and No. 3 Clemson in consecutive weeks before ending the regular season against a Boston College team that showed North Carolina State last week that its no pushover .Were not concerned with who we play in two weeks, three weeks, safety Ryan Janvion said. We have a chance to beat anyone on our schedule. Its not about who we play, its about how we play and what we do. Its not about the other team, its not about what they do. So were focused on Virginia, and were not thinking about anything else but beating Virginia this week.And for all the progress Wake Forest has made in Dave Clawsons third season, it also has shown its not immune to the confounding losses that marked the past four years in Winston-Salem. The Demon Deacons are coming off a 21-13 loss to Army in which they struggled in the red zone and threw three interceptions.The Cavaliers have lost three straight since beating Duke on Oct. 1, with two of those losses coming to No. 18 North Carolina and No. 5 Louisville. They seemingly had an upset of the Cardinals in hand before Lamar Jackson led them to a 32-25 victtory.ddddddddddddOur team is getting better with every time we play a game, first-year coach Bronco Mendenhall said. Its fun to watch the transformation happening. Its steady. Its methodical. But it is happening.---Some other things to know about the Virginia-Wake Forest game:BENKERTS BACK: East Carolina transfer QB Kurt Benkert will make his second career start on North Carolina soil for the Cavaliers. He threw for 336 yards and three touchdowns in the Duke victory, and is coming off his first three-TD game since then when he did it against Louisville.WOLFORDS WOES: Wake Forest QB John Wolford has six interceptions and one touchdown in his last three games, while throwing it a season-high 43 times against Army. Clawson says the Demon Deacons threw 11 deep balls in that game but completed only one, and understandably wants more explosive plays through the air. We are not where I want us to be, he said.VIRGINIAS D: Maybe the Demon Deacons can get their offense fixed against a Virginia defense that ranks among the ACCs worst. The Cavaliers are no higher than 11th in the league in any of the four major defensive stat categories, and are last in points (32.6) and yards (462.5) allowed per game.THE SERIES: Wake Forest and Virginia played every year from 1980-2003 before the divisional split led to more infrequent meetings. Its the first time theyve met since 2012 and their first meeting in Winston-Salem since 2008.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz