Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 50 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

08.05.2019 05:48
going with his sixth of the season, Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Great Britains Adam Peaty was considered a near-lock to win the 100-meter breaststroke Sunday night and a near certainty to set his second world record in 36 hours, and yet delivering on all the expectation diminished nothing for him. That was sheer joy on his 21-year-old face, not relief, when he saw hed lopped another .42 seconds off the world record hed just set Saturday morning, the very first time he touched the water as an Olympian.And thats not a bad thing to be, he joked, admitting hed surprised even himself.But now that hed followed it up by winning gold? He slapped the water once, twice, then again. His cheeks were flush red from exertion and he stared at the scoreboard again, his mouth open in wonder. Then he sat on the lane divider, still staring at his winning time of 57.13 seconds and said Oh my god to no one in particular.Peaty seemed determined to just soak in the moment. To always remember this scene. He knew he was Great Britains first gold medalist of the Games -- its first medalist in Rio, period -- but he got some company a few minutes later when Jazz Carlin, who missed the 2012 London Games because of illness, followed him to the podium with a silver medal in the 400-meter freestyle, behind American sensation Katie Ledecky.Carlin said watching Peaty race just before she did gave her goosebumps.You feel the pressure, even though you say you dont, Peaty said. You feel self-pressure because I want to perform, and I didnt want to let anyone down back home. Nothing means more to me than racing for my country, racing for the Queen and the Royal Family, racing for my family.But what about that time of his -- that amazing time he kept staring at? It absolutely blew me away, Peaty admitted, laughing now. Its always been in my mind I can achieve things that seem impossible ... [But] tonight I wasnt even thinking of a time. It was just, Get to the wall first. Get to the wall first. And I did.Cody King, the American who finished third behind Peaty, proudly noted it might have been the most stacked race in the events history. The silver medal went to Cameron van der Burgh of South Africa, who won this event at the 2012 Olympics. Van der Burgh seemed astonished at how fast his time was, too, happy to have been pulled along in Peatys magnificent undertow.But he and King were probably less thrilled at what Peaty promised next.I know theres more in there, he said. Well see. Ive got eight more years in this game. Maybe more.Peaty acknowledged he has come a long way since he was a child so terrified of water, I was afraid to take a shower. Thats how scared I was. He didnt have to be reminded he was the first British male swimmer to win Olympic gold since Adrian Moorhouse won this event in 1988, six years before Peaty was born.Historically, this means a lot to me, Peaty said.And hes not done yet. He said he planned to sit down and watch this race, analyze his mistakes and see what can be tweaked so he goes faster.We want to keep pushing the boundaries, he promised. Were obsessed. Clearance Sneakers Australia . Jordan Lynch, the all-purpose Heisman Trophy finalist from Northern Illinois, failed to make it into that exclusive club. Wholesale Sneakers Australia . Thousands of fans at Mosaic Stadium will be cozying up to each other in an effort to stay warm in chilly temperatures and block the Prairie wind that locals say can knock your socks off. http://www.sneakersaustraliawholesale.com/ . Just not the game. Kyle Palmieri scored two straight goals in the third period to rally the Anaheim Ducks past the Philadelphia Flyers 3-2 on Tuesday night. Sneakers Online Australia Store . Jason Zucker and Matt Cooke also scored for Minnesota, which has won five of six. Kuemper made five saves in the first, nine in the second, and nine in the third. The rookies best save came with 2:17 left in the third period when he denied former Wild forward Matt Cullen from just outside of the crease on the right side. Cheap Wholesale Sneakers Free Shipping . After taking two big hits this week -- losing at home and dropping back-to-back games for the first time all season -- Indiana struck back by playing its most complete game of the year. TORONTO -- Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock rolled all four lines on Tuesday night.He only really needed the top one, though.James van Riemsdyk scored three goals, Tyler Bozak had four assists and Mitch Marner had a goal and set up two more to help Toronto beat the Nashville Predators 6-2.Van Riemsdyk added an assist, and now he, Bozak and Marner are 1-2-3 in scoring for Toronto after combining for 11 points.Just the way we read off each other is getting better every game, the three of us have pretty good hockey sense, said van Riemsdyk, who leads the club with seven goals and 15 points in 16 games.I think the puck was following us as a line and I was fortunate for the bounces.Leo Komarov and William Nylander also scored to help Toronto improve to 6-2-0 at home.James Neal and Viktor Arvidsson scored for the Predators, who had their three-game winning streak halted.Frederik Andersen made 32 saves for Toronto, and Marek Mazanec stopped 26-of-32 shots for Nashville.Marner got it going with his sixth of the season, fighting off a check behind the net before curling out from the corner and beating a screened Mazanec 1:04 into the game.The 19-year-old rookie, listed at six-feet and 170 pounds, isnt surprising his linemates with what he can do physically on the ice. He also has 15 points in 16 contests.You know how good he is on his edges, you see it in practice, when he does it in games it doesnt surprise you, van Riemsdyk said. Hes good with his body position to come up with pucks and obviously hes got a good stick, too.Hes tenacious and doesnt back down from going into dirty areas.Van Riemsdyk scored 13 minutes later by carrying the puck aacross the blue line and beating Mazanec glove side with a snap shot.ddddddddddddeal scored nearly four minutes later off a cross-crease pass from Ryan Johansen, but van Riemsdyk restored the two-goal lead 7:52 into the second period. Bozak threw the puck toward the net from the corner and van Riemsdyk beat his man to deflect the puck over Mazanecs leg.Arvidsson, denied by Andersen on a great chance in the first period, finally finished one of his many opportunities with 3:51 left in the second, beating Andersen low glove side on a breakaway.Komarov scored 7:18 into the third by tipping Martin Marincins point shot, then van Riemsdyk capped his hat trick with a shot off a faceoff with 6:22 left. Nylander fired in his goal about two minutes later.Despite a lopsided score, Nashville coach Peter Laviolette thought his team deserved better.They got a quick one right off the bat, they got another one. I thought we had lots of chances to score goals, he said. They had a couple goals that were seeing-eye goals.We took as many attempts if not more but it didnt find its way through. They capitalized on their opportunities.Game notes F Peter Holland and D Connor Carrick and Frank Corrado were scratches for the Leafs. ... Nashville G Pekka Rinne is day to day with a lower-body injury. ... Mazanec made his second start of the season after he was recalled from Milwaukee of the AHL on Monday.UP NEXTPredators: At Ottawa on Thursday night in the middle game of a three-game trip.Maple Leafs: Host Florida on Thursday night. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz